Imported .GLM models "shards" in 3DS Max.

Okay so I'm trying to make some new robes for Jaden (he offered top credits! And i wont be beaten on price!) but whenever i import the model i have to sift through various parts just to find the right model.  Even when I've done that there are often broken pieces of triangles from the geometry laying around.  It'd be nice to perhaps have clean models of Jaden and the other characters.

You know as a sort of template for people wishing to make new robes without having to go through the same process of sifting through everything?  I don't really mind re-skinning the skeleton to the character model again each time i make new robes, I'll just set up the skeleton and save it as a template.

So are there clean models of said character(s) out there or should i just do it myself?

Basically I'd like to be able to have templates for each character in XSI with a pre-positioned rig to go with it to make the workflow a lot cleaner and faster.  As i said I don't mind doing it myself I just figured it'd be nice to have both for myself and other content creators out there.