I present a challenge.

I don't care about aliens. If they use base lipsync, it'll be closer to the movies, actually. The only one I'm remotely interested in is Desann, but frankly his model is fine.

Do the base aliens blink their eyes (e.g., Malastare characters?), etc. If you're going for better facial animations, and Hi-Def, then you should allow this method to work for alien creatures as well-- IMHO. :winkthumb:

Cerez likes this

What Psyk0Sith said, one of the biggest reason faces look so bad other than the poor animations is the lack of edgeloops and proper edgeloops at that in the models themselves. You seem to be pretty aware of this since you're asking for a new model.

I'm guessing Jan is a good choice since for instance in JK2 she probably has a lot of dialogue in the cutscenes.

Gah, I wanna help but making a new model is so time consuming for me, animation part is EZ, when it comes to humanoids I tend to really procrastinate.

Somebody who has patience should make some rotoscopes using pics of Angela Harry and I might consider it, that or just model over the original model but with 10x better topology.

I have a base female I made a while back but it'd need a good bit of tweaking to look asian since the face was built around my ex-gf, dat hoe was a cracker.

DT85 and eezstreet like this

So with a separate lipsync.GLA, can each model use its own lipsync.GLA for different bone layouts?

If you're speaking in general terms of aliens versus humanoids... I would think yes. But I think we'd need to have a unique alienXX_lipsync.gla for each race.

If you're meaning variations within a single species (human or aliens)-- I believe that could quickly get out of hand...

And as I said... I don't care about aliens. There's exactly 2 speaking aliens in both JKA and JK2. There's only around 15 lines of spoken dialogue compared to the 50+ each for Lando and Jan. I decided Jan would be a good fit since there's a lack of female models out there, she has alot of dialogue, DT already modeled Kyle, and a female rig has eye candy factor as well.

And as I said... I don't care about aliens. There's exactly 2 speaking aliens in both JKA and JK2. There's only around 15 lines of spoken dialogue compared to the 50+ each for Lando and Jan. I decided Jan would be a good fit since there's a lack of female models out there, she has alot of dialogue, DT already modeled Kyle, and a female rig has eye candy factor as well.

I see your point, but I'm just thinking beyond your JK:Enhanced... This could be useful for future endeavors involving other species that used the humanoid skeleton: Malastarians, Ongree, Ithorians, etc.

I see your point, but I'm just thinking beyond your JK:Enhanced... This could be useful for future endeavors involving other species that used the humanoid skeleton: Malastarians, Ongree, Ithorians, etc.

Sure, it would be useful for the JKA side of this, since we want to include more species to choose from. But right now, I think eez just wants to start small.

Also, "Malastarians" don't exist. You're thinking of the Gran.

I'm not worried about the grand scheme of things. Taking it all into perspective causes one to become overwhelmed. If other people want to use my code though, I have no problem; it's all open source as far as I'm concerned.

Circa and Cerez like this

@@eezstreet / @@DT85 -- do you concur that we need to make a MOUTH group of bones-- so that lipsync viseme animations play on the MOUTH group while the facial expression animations play on the FACE group?  Also, @@eezstreet, will your coding automatically blend between the changing visemes and facial expressions?

Well, ya...ghoul2 does this already with like 99% of anims as it is..

I still think you should just make your own facial bone set, rather than using what's in the JO skeleton. But since I doubt you will:

- Use 1 bone per mouth corner, having 2 bones there wouldn't give any benefit.

- I don't know about you, but I can't move the tip of my nose so ditch that one.

eezstreet likes this