SP Map: Getting an NPC to hold a key that unlocks a door?

Other NPCs can have the key as well. In GtkRadiant you just put NPC_Imperial, bring N parameters, and give all the options, which are needed to give him a key. One of them is surely the "message", which corresponds with the name of the lock.

I also ticked the "commander" option, but this might be unnecessary.

Then in the parameters I changed NPC_Imperial to NPC_spawner or so, and a "tipsy citizen" now has a key, which I can use. ;)

You can set the health, spawnscript, deathscript (health >1) , fleescript (when health is down of 50%).angerscript (when enemy attack)

awakescript (when enemy see yu) and other like that.

targetname for targetting NPC to map entities. (examplte a trigger have as target "STORM1" and 5 npc have targetname "STORM1" when player touch the trigger the STORM1 squad be spawned :)

NPC_target: enemy acrivate this entity when dies.

BNPC_targetname: for trigger_hurt, yu can set that parameter: enemy with same parameter will be damage by trigger hurt, not the other. in my Legacy of kain mod i set as NPC_targetname "vampire" the enemies and the trigger hurt build on water have same value_: result? when enemies touch water, die  with acid sound. XDif player touch water... if it's a reaver like Raziel, not take dmg. if it's a weak to water vampire too, i put another trigger_hurt that hurt playeronly  into the water pools. Iso act like lava)XD

same with the spotlight. :) i put a trigger hurt for kill vampires that stupid go into the lights XD yu can make funny traps with vampoires enemies with that's tactique.

about other functiojn: with icarus yu can set visrange, health, armor, headshot,, aim, evasion, friction, speed, force powers, weapons..., yu can higly custimizazion every enemy. i use spawnscript for all enemies of my maps. in that mode,. every NPC can have custom power \ parameters and there are not 2 NPC with same stats.

When NPC spawn, yu can check as BS_DEFAULT, or BS_CINEMATIC. this state is used for cutscene and AI is disabled like in notarget script. enemy in cinematic mod not target and not attack nothing. simply make action and animation of they icarus spawnscript.

Yu can change the spawnscript, deathscript etc, with icarus: example: yu can make enemy undying with spawnscript. when enemy have 1 of health shoot the deathscript. the deathscript restore health of enemy to 50 and yu can change the deathscript. so the second time enemy got health to 1 shoot a different deathscript. :) Tha'ts allow you wight a single entity, to make a loooong fight with a large amount of round. like darth sion fight in kotor 2: every time sion active his deathscript get full health and change deathscript, so to every death sion shoot a different cutscene with dialogue ;)

need Icarus for