While loops in config files? (far out)

I'm almost 99% sure that there is nothing like this in JK. But I have to ask anyway. Is there an equivalent way in .cfg files to say for example:

while timescale < 0.1

wait 10; subtract 0.05 from timescale

or handy things like...

wait 10; timescale - 0.05; wait 10; timescale - 0.05; etc

wait 10; timescale + 0.05; wait 10; timescale + 0.05; etc

What I'm doing here below isn't quite as smooth as I want it, and instead of making huge scripts to make it smoother, I was just wondering if there was another way :)

set timescale_01 "timescale 0.9; wait 27; timescale 0.8; wait 27; timescale 0.7; wait 27; timescale 0.6; wait 27; timescale 0.5; wait 27; timescale 0.4; wait 27; timescale 0.3; wait 27; timescale 0.2; wait 27; timescale 0.1; bind alt vstr timescale_01_1;"

set timescale_01_1 "timescale 0.2; wait 27; timescale 0.3; wait 27; timescale 0.4; wait 27; timescale 0.5; wait 27; timescale 0.6; wait 27; timescale 0.7; wait 27; timescale 0.8; wait 27; timescale 0.9; wait 27; timescale 1; bind alt timescale 1;

set timescale_06 "timescale 0.9; wait 27; timescale 0.8; wait 27; timescale 0.7; wait 27; timescale 0.6; bind alt vstr timescale_06_1;"

set timescale_06_1 "timescale 0.7; wait 27; timescale 0.8; wait 27; timescale 0.9; wait 27; timescale 1; bind alt timescale 1;"

bind ctrl vstr timescale_06
bind 1 vstr timescale_01
bind 2 vstr timescale_06
bind alt timescale 1

It would be possible in icarus, you can do math on floating point numbers (haven't tried using other than whole numbers yet though. I tried doing it on vectors yesterday for hours, but didn't manage to get past floats!), but unfortunately this is for demos, and icarus scripts don't work with JK2's multiplayer either :(

So I can't use mods that aren't for JK2 either. For now I'm doing fine by writing it out in the cfg files.

I am going to make same mod for jk2 mp if it does matter.

Oooh! That's definitely interesting. If you do, make sure it's compatible with 1.02 :)

I'm currently using a demo camera mod made by Nerevar, which is really good actually, but it has some bugs that makes it very hard to use unless you have a lot of patience. It has most of the features I could ever ask for and more, but bugs like the camera suddenly spinning 360 degrees around between key points (70-80% chance of happening to 1-2 of your keypoints if you have around 10-15 points), and 60-70 % chance that the image gets frozen like a "leak" but the audio continues. No games crashes though. Would love to have something like PugMod, although this camera has most of its features I think, it's just that it's buggy.

Here's a movie I made last year with that mod. Could have made it a lot better, but felt restricted by the bugs. Some cool scenes are at 1:45, 3:06, 3:54, 7:04. I feel a lot more ambitious now, and with functioning tools, I have the patience to make quite neat stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqBZUhk00c

If your mod is what you used here, I'd be very excited!

If your mod is what you used here, I'd be very excited!

My mod is next generation of what you saw in the video. There is pugmod in the video which I modified for better cams, but still not perfect mod. The current mod, jaMME, has much more functions and the main ones are pausing and rewinding demos, of course.

The source code of jk2mp is probably 1.04, but if it can play 1.02 demos then lucky you. :P At least I will try to make it support all possible versions.

The mod will look like this:

611844-4.jpg

61b4df-4.jpg

Boothand likes this

My mod is next generation of what you saw in the video. There is pugmod in the video which I modified for better cams, but still not perfect mod. The current mod, jaMME, has much more functions and the main ones are pausing and rewinding demos, of course.

The source code of jk2mp is probably 1.04, but if it can play 1.02 demos then lucky you. :P At least I will try to make it support all possible versions.

The mod will look like this:

611844-4.jpg

61b4df-4.jpg

Wow. Completely stunning. Really can't wait to try this out, hopefully! Very impressive :)