Serenity Jedi Engine

Stoiss, can you list what was enabled and disabled, then? Just so that those who used cheats, like myself, know whats still up and what's taken down?

something like god mode is not allow, you can devmap and setforceall give all and dir cvar, playermodel. and such.

something like god mode is not allow, you can devmap and setforceall give all and dir cvar, playermodel. and such.

So...you can use no target for annoying things such as cairn_dock, correct? I'm...sure many of us here can agree that the stealth part of that level is BRUTAL and HARD. Nocliping too?

So i made a basic Introduction tutorial video.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems/videos

It starts right at the beginning ,basic to more advanced blocking. Im going to do some more of these tut videos when i get more time.

Hopefully this will be useful. In the mean time im working on a full tutorial read me.

there is no cheat mode in this, he want to keep it so players not can cheat their way in the game.

That exactly correct ,it bugs me when a modder/coder spends months building a mod and people just cheat there way through the mod and finish it in 5 min .Makes the whole process of building a mod a waste of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXpaU5KFjPY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUI2Ol6YCN70G6nN-XD-1Iug

Where's the source code?

Any idea when that might happen?

It wont be more than 2/3 weeks before i upload the whole pack as a zip.pk3........Almost ready :winkthumb:

Cool!

I was a bit confused by one thing though. Why is there automatic blocking? Wouldn't it almost always be more efficient than manual blocking, if you only have to simply press block every time before they attack?

What's the name of that reborn NPC, by the way?

You only get 1 autoblock for free.The idea is that manual blocking can be soooooo difficult sometimes ,that the autoblock can really save your ass if you re set it fast enough in fast saber combat.

Look in " ext_data / npcs" for all the npc names

or see here for the npc names to spawn

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914574-star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy/faqs/26885

You only get 1 autoblock for free.The idea is that manual blocking can be soooooo difficult sometimes ,that the autoblock can really save your ass if you re set it fast enough in fast saber combat.

Look in " ext_data / npcs" for all the npc names

or see here for the npc names to spawn

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914574-star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy/faqs/26885

But how often can you reset it? Can't you reset it every time the opponent hits, and always have successful blocks?

Just worried it would take attention away from the manual blocking.

And thanks!

But how often can you reset it? Can't you reset it every time the opponent hits, and always have successful blocks?

Just worried it would take attention away from the manual blocking.

And thanks!

No it comes with FP cost so it will fail you if spammed.Meaning you need to keep your attention on manual and standing blocking.

I think if you faced 2/3 enemy,s at the same time and tried autoblock only you wouldnt last 2 min because it takes time to reset and would drain your fp very fast.

Try this:

devmap bespin_platform

A good hard level that will test all the skillz required to get through it.

Maybe you could make another vid to show your progress after watching the tutorial?

Boothand likes this

Maybe you could make another vid to show your progress after watching the tutorial?

Yes I will!

Is there a console command to set the timescale? "timescale" doesn't work here. The console prints nothing, so can't see any syntax feedback when trying to find it.

It's much easier than going to the Advanced menu every time you want to practice in slow motion, since it resets upon loading the game.

That exactly correct ,it bugs me when a modder/coder spends months building a mod and people just cheat there way through the mod and finish it in 5 min .Makes the whole process of building a mod a waste of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXpaU5KFjPY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUI2Ol6YCN70G6nN-XD-1Iug

You know, Serenity, this DOES give me an idea. Why don't you put something in the code that doesn't allow cheats UNLESS, and I quote the word UNLESS, they legitimately beat Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, or both. Sort of as...you know, a reward. Like you could say "hey good job for legitimately beating the game. Now if you want to play with cheats, do this and enable that and you're good to go." Like in the old N64/PS1/Dreamcast days when those who played the games got rewards for beating them legitimately, before gamesharks and action replays came around.

Serenity937 likes this

You know, Serenity, this DOES give me an idea. Why don't you put something in the code that doesn't allow cheats UNLESS, and I quote the word UNLESS, they legitimately beat Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, or both. Sort of as...you know, a reward. Like you could say "hey good job for legitimately beating the game. Now if you want to play with cheats, do this and enable that and you're good to go." Like in the old N64/PS1/Dreamcast days when those who played the games got rewards for beating them legitimately, before gamesharks and action replays came around.

I like this idea . Ill put some thought into this and how to do it thankyou for this suggestion. :winkthumb:

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Here's the new videos I made, it ended up a bit longer than I expected, so split into two parts by twitch.tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQ3N_J4Q1s   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-rsTMUqhU

Firstly ive got to give a big thankyou to boothand once again for doing such a long detailed video.

Ill make some points ,in reference to your game play style and hopefully these will help you.

The biggest thing i noticed was an immediate improvement in skill and style. And to compliment that i noticed as time went on you got better at dealing with sith and gunners.

This tells me that you just need more practice ,as its not actually so hard to play once you understand the basic mechanics.

I'm sure you will master the system in not time at all. :winkthumb:

I also notice that you realised that running headlong in to a room full of stormtroopers is just tactically dangerous. :wacko:

The blocking drains of blocking shots from 5- 10 stormtroopers will soon leave you fatigued. You started to take cover and think tactically,picking off your targets and then going back in to cover.

This is exactly the idea i intended. 

The days of running in to a room full of stormtroopers standing still as they all shoot at you and miss ,then you just hold saberthrow as the saber floats round the room killing all the stormtroopers is over.

Gunners are now far more accurate and will defend themselves aggressively in close combat against jedi (you).

As time went on you started to use your force powers more and more. Your force powers are essential in combat and you need to think like  "more than 5 gunners ,push them down and pick them off". Force pull will also pull there weapons from there hands but be beware , gunners will now automaticly switch to melle if you disarm them.No longer will they just stand there holding there arms in the air and surrender.

you can also pull a gunner at you and immediately push them away, (select melee and do this to slam them in to walls).

Now to the saber fight at the end with tavion.....

You actually made it look hard, but once again i think that,s my fault because you need more information to help you.

Every now and again you forgot the basics and reverted back to base JKA fighting style,but then you composed yourself and started to make progress again.

Ive tried my best to make this a thinkers mod .Think tactics and reactions, your offensive and defensive actions need to be composed and controlled, learn your enemy's fighting style and  anticipate a commonly used reaction to your actions. there are about 10 different fighting styles your enemy's can use depending on saberstyle and class.

Exmple 

Tavion NPC  , she will use tavion saberstyle individual to her but now she can mix and match saberstyles, she can do saber fake attacks and shes a good blocker... but she is a sith master so what do you expect? she will also use force lightning on you when you least expect it.

Things you need to add to your fighting style are combined melle attacks, use the force to distract your enemy.

When you pick up a bacta tank it will no longer regen your health, you need to look in to your inventory and use it like in the old JK2 days.

So to help you further ive made another tutorial.

Tutorial 1.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems/videos/serenitysabersystem-tutorial-part-1#imagebox

Tutorial 2.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems/videos/sabering-tutorial-part-2#imagebox

I will make another tutorial with more advanced stuff in it next.

I realised also that you changed your mind about many aspects of the sabersystem after seeing the first tutorial, hopefully this will help you further.

With reference to what you said about making the sabersystem in a similar fashion to another game you play. You've got to realise about how the code is built . To totally rebuild the sabersystem would be just madness, so ive tried to work with the system provided  adding to it  removing stuff from it and changing it where possible and doing the best i can with the tools provided. :winkthumb:

Thanks again

Serenity

P.S 

One comment you made in the video "WoW This is hard ".... this is exactly what i want people to think. So they stop and concentrate. use there heads and be tactical.

It is important to note that the new saber system was designed to be more movie-like than the base Jedi Academy (JA) saber system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMuHtnD4OI&feature=youtu.be

Boothand and DarthStiv like this