-must have- Jedi Academy Addons

If anyone is interested, I have posted links to what I refer as great places to roleplay in Jedi Academy. Lemme know if there is something that should be added. I am not quite done with this thread yet. I plan to add more rp maps to the list. 

Maps:

USS Starlight - The first in a series of maps created by the SGE clan specifically aimed at roleplaying. It contains many bugs and uses outdated mapping techniques. Regardless of its faults, this remains a great roleplaying map. 

USS Starlight-B - The second in a series of maps created by SGE for roleplaying. A 'complex conversion' of the original USS Starlight map containing new spaces and new functions making the map environment truly feel like a Galaxy-class starship. 

USS Titan - The latest in a series of maps created by the SGE clan for Roleplaying. It contains new functions that are not found in the previous maps. This is not the original map, the warp field was modified (not by me) to imitate the FTL Effect from SG-U. The original (unmodified version) of the map can be downloaded from here.

Stargate Academy Bêta test v2 - Beta version of a stargate map released in 2010 that also happens to be one of the only stargate maps for jk3 that has a fully dialable stargate (by that I mean the stargate spins like it is supposed to).

aFJ Academy - a more recent version of the Stargate Academy map, only this particular version was designed specifically for aFJ (Académie Française de Jedi - French Academy of Jedi).

Atlantis_V1.1 - In many ways this happens to be the largest (I mean huge) and most complete (although not entirely) Stargate Atlantis map I can think of to date. The map has tons of areas like the main gate room, grounding station, conference room, detention center, jumper bay, etc and also includes a few secrets like the infamous sink button (it sinks the city). 

Epsilon Site 2.0 - This map, made for roleplaying, is a theoretical representation of what an "Epsilon Site" would look like should the Stargate Program from "Stargate SG-1" establish one. This map includes tons of features designed to enhance the roleplaying experience. Also includes a working Stargate and off-world to explore.

SG4RealJA - SG4RealJA is one of the very first Stargate maps released for jedi academy. The author originally released this map as 'SGReal2' for Elite Force and ported it over to jk3. 

SGEgyptJA - Along with SG4RealJA, SGEgyptJA was one of the first stargate maps released for jk3 and was also originally released as 'SGEgypt' for Elite Force.

Stargate Valley - One of the few highly detailed stargate maps released to date. Gate doesn't work since this is only a beta release and wasn't completed. Decent amount of space for FFA or Role Playing. 

Nivalis - a stargate map on a snowy planet with an active gate that doesn't actually work, but that's not what the map creator intended to accomplish. In short, 'A old village long since claimed by the cold.'

Stargate Beta Site - An RPG-based Stargate map, containing an interactive SGC-like facility, and two dialable offworld locations.

Furling Star Terminal - A stargate map similar to that of an airport.

Sentra, Onysfx and Evulant like this

Oh wow! Let me just read the list and see which ones I haven't tried...

Oh, most of them are stargate maps...but thanks for mentioning RPG_wayland. If anyone here is a fan of Zelda games, or just really like a village that has tons of enter able houses, give this one a try.

I miss the Battlestar Aurelia map, which combines some major sci-fi themes . . .

Should I add that to the list? and btw do you not have jka or something or do you just miss playing it with others? I don't understand.

That would be an enormous poll.

Not if we made more than 1 people like E:RP Poll #1, E:RP Poll #2, etc., etc.

I had considered constructing an RP map at one point in my JKA mapping time, but trashed the idea. My recent consideration is making one final project in the JKA scene before moving on completely. If I chose to do an RP map, I'd like some quick feedback from a few RP'rs.

I realize that levels can contain both of the following, but that isn't the point of the question. As a roleplayer, if you had to choose between a level that had a large degree of interactivity with scripts and entities, or a map that is packed with detail and has diverse environments which would it be? Which way does the scale slide in your opinion as roleplayers? Why?

Should I add that to the list? and btw do you not have jka or something or do you just miss playing it with others? I don't understand.

Sure, the Aurelia was always ment as an RP map rather then a 'normal' deathmatch map . . .

Oops, there was an error!

You do not have permission to access this thread.

:rolleyes:

I realize that levels can contain both of the following, but that isn't the point of the question. As a roleplayer, if you had to choose between a level that had a large degree of interactivity with scripts and entities, or a map that is packed with detail and has diverse environments which would it be? Which way does the scale slide in your opinion as roleplayers? Why?

That depends on what you feel is necessary for your map. For years, I have mapped for a different game (and even made a map especially for an RP modification) and the demands there are/were different then what JA's RP segment will or do need. My maps have never featured an over-abundance of interactivity. I rather spend more time implementing all kinds of detail and diverse environments throughout the map and let people's imagination take over where I left. Take a look at some of my screenshots or take a stroll through my Aurelia map for some idea's and inspiration. :)

Signature.jpg

That depends on what you feel is necessary for your map. For years, I have mapped for a different game (and even made a map especially for an RP modification) and the demands there are/were different then what JA's RP segment will or do need. My maps have never featured an over-abundance of interactivity. I rather spend more time implementing all kinds of detail and diverse environments throughout the map and let people's imagination take over where I left. Take a look at some of my screenshots or take a stroll through my Aurelia map for some idea's and inspiration. :)

I'm very good at planning a level before I start it, so I never NOT know precisely what I'll be making.

It was an opinion question for RPer's in general. It's interesting to know which direction they go in. If I were to actually make an RP map it would probably feature a good deal of both. As I have never RP'd and never will, I felt having a couple opinions on the matter would be cool.

Again, the point of the question is not what I feel is necessary in a map, ideas or inspiration. That happens in the planning process for me.

@@MoonDog

I'm not much of an RPer myself, I've only been to RP servers and well..."watched" them play ;(.

But from what I've seen, they tend to not interact with lots of entities, but rather allow the diverse environment to take over and use their imaginations. Several different large diverse environments on the same map would be an RP heaven for them...