KotOR 2 wont start >_<

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

OK, I know there are tons of things out there concerning this terribly buggy game. It used to run no problem then for no apparent reason I went to try to play it and the process wont even start, it's as if I didn't even click on the .exe file, absolutely nothing happens.

I've been googling for a solid week now trying various things with absolutely no success so I'm just going to ask here.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64

AMD Phenom II 840T quad core

Radeon HD5770 (rebranded as a MSI 5770 Hawk)

16gb RAM

1TB HDD with tons of free space

Originally the only issue I had before was the lack of widescreen support, multicore issue fixed and the game ran fine. I didn't play it for about 6 months or so and now it just wont launch, reinstalling multiple times has done nothing, replacing the mss32.dll has done nothing either nor has using various compatibility mode options.

I should also note this IS NOT the steam version, it's the original disc version NOT using any cracks or weird patches, full legit.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction before I frisbee the CD's into the ocean out of anger...

• Solution

I'm not sure what all you've tried but I can continue to post links to possible solutions. :P

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/cannot-play-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/5037891a-40fb-4a43-8d71-fe5f4a4417b1

When I tried getting Widescreen to work with my KOTOR 2, the same thing happened to me because I had to replace .dll with something else. But since you've tried reinstalling it completely, I'm not sure what to do about it.

Hmm.

Same for me. i love Kotor 2 and Kotor but if i re install Kotor 2 is really hard because i get ever "error CRC" and the installation go to hell. when the installation are completed, i clck on exe and not happened nothing. i have Windoes XP SP3 and an Ati radeon video card. emmm, someone can tell me how can i see in my control panel my system requirement? i ever forget. >.<