Expand on the Mod Project Forums a little

I personally think the system we have is great. It gives the viewer a list of all the mods we host at a glance. I think that it might make the page way too long if we implement this, and I don't see how the archive thing will work because it will essentially be the system we have now but with only a select group, making navigation even more confusing. :P

The issue with this is that as more mod forums continue to be added, the more you will have to scroll down on the forum page and eventually that could get out of hand.

Not if the mod forums are at the bottom, or can be hidden via breadcrumb. (similar to the stuff in the sidebar on the right.

It gives the viewer a list of all the mods we host at a glance.

It doesn't, though. You have to squint to find the (completely disorganized and hard to read) list of mods, after finding the section they're in. And there's other mods that the JKHub network hosts that don't have mod project forums (Gunslinger's Academy/JKG have sites hosted by JKHub, but you wouldn't know it unless you were to check the bar, which makes things even more disorganized if you go by that logic).

Though, being bigger isn't necessarily a bad thing. It makes the forums look like they have more content, which is good. 

I can see that. The mods are listed alphabetically, too. And if GSA and JKG wanted a mod forum, we would be extremely happy to provide them with one, but they haven't requested it.

But you've got a valid point. I don't think it's that small, I mean it's just like all the other forums, the subforums are listed right below the main forum. And sure, you could toggle the showing of all these forums, but it's practically what we have now.  I'd love to hear some more opinions on this matter.

The mods are listed alphabetically, too. 

Yeah, but they aren't organized in a top-down list fashion, which means you have to start at the beginning of the list and work your way through it, as opposed to going through the list and searching for the first letter to match, which makes it a pain to search through that list repeatedly.

And if GSA and JKG wanted a mod forum, we would be extremely happy to provide them with one, but they haven't requested it.

You said that it provided you a means to see (at a glance, which I also disproved) all the hosted mods on the site. I was merely commenting on the semantics of what you're talking about.

therfiles likes this

Yeah, but they aren't organized in a top-down list fashion, which means you have to start at the beginning of the list and work your way through it, as opposed to going through the list and searching for the first letter to match, which makes it a pain to search through that list repeatedly.

You said that it provided you a means to see (at a glance, which I also disproved) all the hosted mods on the site. I was merely commenting on the semantics of what you're talking about.

Ah, ok. Sorry, I misunderstood. :)

Well, I guess it can't hurt to at least try this out. I'll talk with @@Circa and see what we can do...