noclip for admins in JA++/JA+

Merek

Yes, it says you have logged in when I log in. I do /amclip and it tells me unknown command. the bitvalues on the JA++ website did not work for me either. Apparently I have to use the JA+ commands only...

Are you sure JA++ is server-side? If your server doesn't have it then you're not playing on JA++.

• 4 weeks later...

You can't use JA+ and JA++ together, it doesn't work like that. JA++ isn't an "addon" to JA+, it replaces it entirely and does not require it to function.

The server is running EITHER JA+ or JA++, but never both.

The client is running EITHER JA+ or JA++, but never both.

You can however use a JA++ client on a JA+ server and vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently using both together and it is working fine and I followed your instructions on installing but it told me that I can keep JA+ and use JA++. So does JA++ come with the same commands and more as well as server.cfg?

I am currently using both together

No you're not.

The mod comes in two parts: code and assets.

JA++ code does not look for JA+ assets

You can't mix/add JA+ and JA++ code, it's either one or the other.

If you try and mix the assets together it will likely result in conflicts and missing shaders.

They simply can't "work together"

but it told me that I can keep JA+ and use JA++

No, it specifically says to remove JA+'s pk3 files.

So does JA++ come with the same commands and more as well as server.cfg?

Nope. Commands are different, admin login is different, cvar names and behaviour is different.

Just use ClanMod. CM is the best.

When it comes to fighting its only a little different, damages are a bit higher, but you can set them by RCon if you want. Also automatic blocking is reduced, but on the other hand you canblock maualy with a little timing.

And now the server admin things :

- Very good NPC support, they are smarter, aim better, work in most cases, have friendly fire, can be controled by any player (you can set ammount etc.)

- Various commands, inculing basic entity spawning (effects mostly, models are possile to spwan, but you cant set their model boxy-thingy size)

- Nolip

- Slay

- Insult silence

- Freeze

- empower

- Making player melee only

- many many many many other

- can set starting weapons : saber, melee, pistol in ANY cofiguraton you want. (so you can spawn with DL-44 only, good for RP maps with saber spawns on the map.)

- Clan chat, may set server to a clan meeting if you want people to behave for a moment without making everyone sleep

- Jedi Maste, Captre the Yalsamari, coop (requires help of an admin to work properly, but some missions are playable even without him.)

Etc. etc. et.

~~~~~~

And if you want a mod that changes gameplay, Force Mod III for ever.

Bacon likes this
  • 5 months later...

JA++ still doesn't work

I ran two different servers, one Linux and one Windows that worked perfectly fine on JA++ server side. I used the JA++ client side exclusively when I played. I had to do a bare minimum of compiling.

So yes, I can agree that it doesn't work when subject to massive amounts of user error. Otherwise, no to whatever else you are about to assert.

Raz0r likes this