noclip for admins in JA++/JA+

Merek

I need way more information than "it doesn't work", because I can assure you it does work.

Okay, I take it back it does work but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to set the password for admins and such.

All agree it works and doesn't work until it is fully complete with a actual setup guide. For all I know Ive tried myself to add admin and hasn't worked yet ^_^. Every other fix or special thing does. Lack of admins.json I believe which isn't found or created when admins are made. That and unknown server.cfg configuration setup, for all I know I have things that could be removed but dont known.

Never had so much trouble with one mod. sheesh xD

Merek likes this

What more could you possibly want for a server configuration than the full list of cvars? Use whatever you want. The defaults are okay too, you don't even *need* a handwritten configuration.

Using the admin system is documented as shown above, and certainly works. admins.json is created automatically when you add an admin.

It will be created in <fs_homepath>/<fs_game> so for OpenJK that will be either Documents\My Games\OpenJK\japlus\admins.json for Windows or /home/user/.local/share/openjk/japlus/admins.json for Linux.

Setup guide? bat/sh file with ./openjkded +set fs_game "japlus" - done

Not sure what trouble you're having =\

ensiform likes this

Sounds to me like you are expecting your hand to be held, with the visual server config generator and too babied by the defaults of JA+ being different from basejka to understand JA++ or lack of even reading documentation provided, which is also in his signature.  :unsure:

MoonDog likes this

All agree it works and doesn't work until it is fully complete with a actual setup guide. For all I know Ive tried myself to add admin and hasn't worked yet ^_^. Every other fix or special thing does. Lack of admins.json I believe which isn't found or created when admins are made. That and unknown server.cfg configuration setup, for all I know I have things that could be removed but dont known.

Never had so much trouble with one mod. sheesh xD

er...? http://japp.jkhub.org/

Some reading will be required. I'm sure Raz0r will eventually add a disclaimer.