Well ladies and gents, the Master Server seems to be down once more

If anyone can confirm it isn't, please do so. I've spoken with another person and they're not getting a response either. The last time this occurred, Caelum and I had discussed setting  a new one up in its place if someone couldn't get it back online(which it did). Perhaps it's time we set up our own. 

Guys keep calm, i asked to the JK series lead developer (AKA: James Monroe)

Theres the mail:

Question:

GameZone Network™ Admin:
---
Hi James, im Matias (Aka: TriForce), i asked you few months ago (in April) about the Master Server Status. Me and a lots of players, wanted to know what happening with the master server (JK2 and JK3), because is still down again, and we doesnt have any notice of that.

¿Are you moving the servers again? (Like in April)

I hope u will answer soon.
Bye.

Answer:

Monroe, James:

---
Heya, thanks for the query.  I’ll look into it. (I know there was server maintenance this weekend, but it should all be back by now.)

It's possible at least in theory to set up a redirect from masterjk3.ravensoft.com to another site. You just have to make sure the DNS gets the address right. I'm sure if Raven doesn't have enough money for whatever reason to maintain their servers, they'd be more than willing to have it point to the JKHub master instead, which makes everything pretty irrelevant.

The JKHub one is a lot more reliable tbh though.

It's possible at least in theory to set up a redirect from masterjk3.ravensoft.com to another site. You just have to make sure the DNS gets the address right. I'm sure if Raven doesn't have enough money for whatever reason to maintain their servers, they'd be more than willing to have it point to the JKHub master instead, which makes everything pretty irrelevant.

The JKHub one is a lot more reliable tbh though.

...how much does a master server cost to maintain really?

I guarantee Steam sales alone monthly should be able to pay for that many times over.

I guarantee Steam sales alone monthly should be able to pay for that many times over.

Virtually nothing, but keep in mind that Raven is Activision's bitch to work on CoD, and CoD is in decline. Raven hasn't put out a decent game imo since Quake 4 (but to be fair I haven't played enough of the new Wolfenstein to really judge), so whether or not they're self-sustainable is questionable.

I own a server capable of running a master server. It costs me about $5 a month.

Virtually nothing, but keep in mind that Raven is Activision's bitch to work on CoD, and CoD is in decline. Raven hasn't put out a decent game imo since Quake 4 (but to be fair I haven't played enough of the new Wolfenstein to really judge), so whether or not they're self-sustainable is questionable.

Add to the fact that the master server is probably on company soil and they have system administrators looking after their other servers, it costs nothing (at least, not in  financial overhead) to maintain the master server.