JK2 reborn sounds

Anyone happen to know how to find a JK2 sound mod that gives the original Reborn (standard, Boss, Forceuser, Acrobat, Fencer) their original sounds? I want the new Reborn to keep their sounds, I just want the old ones to have their sounds back.

I mostly play singleplayer, and I really like how all the Reborn look (in both JKA and JKO). I like to /playermodel them and mess around with spawned npc's. It just feels strange playing as the old ones without their sounds, however. They have New Reborn sounds even though they are the Old Reborn.

In SP, all of the Old Reborn had a weird glitch where they were white and gray, missing all their textures (except the Boss, because he's sexy). I got a mod to fix that, but now all I need is their sounds.

But the Old Reborn do have some sounds...it's just the same as the New Reborn sounds copy-pasted to them. Is there a way to give all 5 Old Reborn their old sounds (unique to each type) while leaving the New Reborn sound files alone? I.e. I don't want the New Reborn to start sounding like the Old...

Circa likes this

It's definitely possible and I think it's been done. There's a JK2 restoration mod for JA somewhere...

I'll have to search for it somewhere.

If I can't find it, I'll make my own version for you. There's a lot of elements from JK2 that they left out of JA like that.

It's definitely possible and I think it's been done. There's a JK2 restoration mod for JA somewhere...

I'll have to search for it somewhere.

If I can't find it, I'll make my own version for you. There's a lot of elements from JK2 that they left out of JA like that.

That sounds pretty cool, but would the New Reborn keep their sounds?

And since I already have the Old Reborn skins for Singleplayer fixed, is that going to clash?

I just tried to get that map Kata, but not only did it refuse to leave my Downloads folder, it also refused to be deleted...I had to go into my Downloads folder itself and send it to the recycle bin in order to delete it.

As for the sounds, I'm glad to know the new and the old don't overwrite each other. But if I got a JK2 restoration pack that has the Reborn skins, would it clash with the Old Reborn skin pack I already have? Should I just remove the skin pack?

I just tried to get that map Kata, but not only did it refuse to leave my Downloads folder, it also refused to be deleted...I had to go into my Downloads folder itself and send it to the recycle bin in order to delete it.

As for the sounds, I'm glad to know the new and the old don't overwrite each other. But if I got a JK2 restoration pack that has the Reborn skins, would it clash with the Old Reborn skin pack I already have? Should I just remove the skin pack?

The sounds for the New Reborns won't be affected.

No, they won't clash because they do the same thing. You will might as well delete it when you get mine.

Was it my version of The Ladder map?

Yes it was the one uploaded by you. I downloaded it, but it was unable to be moved or deleted until I went to my DL folder itself and deleted it

Looking at the "properties" showed weird things too. File sizes were 0 across the board. The download didn't fail in any way either

That's weird. Maybe try downloading it again. I'll look into it.

Also, I'm starting on the JK2 restoration.

Once I get my weird issues fixed with my desktop I'll upload the JO reborns for JA, it's something I made for myself since it's crazy simple but it adds all classes of the JO reborn to the menu and fixes the sounds. I also took the time to fix Desaan's sounds but I think there is already a download for that.

It doesn't conflict with the JA reborns.

Circa likes this

What else was left out of JA from JK2?

I have the NPCs with missing models/skins that I could think of (reborn, glider, mark1 & 2, galak_mech, and mine monster), the sounds for MP models like Desann and Galak, the force crystal icon, the sounds for the old reborn. 

I'm including some replacement mods that I've made for myself in the past like the lightning, MP announcer voice, and the cursor. These replacements will be optional pk3's that you don't have to use.

What else was left out of JA from JK2?

I have the NPCs with missing models/skins that I could think of (reborn, glider, mark1 & 2, galak_mech, and mine monster), the sounds for MP models like Desann and Galak, the force crystal icon, the sounds for the old reborn. 

I'm including some replacement mods that I've made for myself in the past like the lightning, MP announcer voice, and the cursor. These replacements will be optional pk3's that you don't have to use.

Luke's old face from jk2, although it is in jka, but you just have to edit the skin file slightly to point to the different head and face texture.

Circa likes this

There are some missing textures. I only know that because some maps will...have missing textures. Can't help with which ones though.

You're right. I'll figure out which ones. Shouldn't be too hard.

Luke's old face from jk2, although it is in jka, but you just have to edit the skin file slightly to point to the different head and face texture.

Good one! I always preferred the JK2 one. I'll do it.

Omicron likes this

I vote separate. This also gives you an excuse to name the pack "JK2 Choice Return Pack". Or if you want to artificially get more clicks, add the word "Ultimate" somewhere in there. Profit!

Interesting idea. :D I probably won't do that because it's a tad misleading because most of these changes aren't anything major.

Alright, separate ones it is. Now I'll try to figure out the missing map textures and then we'll be ready to go.

missing map textures? Do some of the ja maps have missing textures?

Not the default JA ones but JK2 maps won't have some textures when used in JA. I'm just going to look into it. If there's too many and it would just make the filesize bigger, then I probably won't take the time to do it unless people really want me to.

Ah, I see, well I have some jk2 which have that problem, so this would be good if you imported the textures as well, but you could probably just copy over the whole textures folder..

That's true, but would take up a lot of space. I'll consider it if there are too many.