The Agent_Ross Skinpack

Guardianpreview3_zpsb95db9c3.jpg

Guardianpreview2_zps0bd9c23f.jpg

Guardianpreview1_zps7aa7474e.jpg

So I decided to start a teaser page for my skinpack.  Hopefully it'll encourage me to finish it.  This is my reskin of Hapslash's fantastic Anakin playermodel.  These first shots are of just one of the characters in this skinpack. He has several different head options, based on his backstory, which I will probably never write.  For now all you need to know is that he is called the Guardian.

Basically what is taking me so long on this pack is that I am trying to make sure that I am not using textures borrowed from other modders.  I want to use only JKA textures and textures I either make or get from public domain.  As I have about seven characters intended for this pack, that is a lot of work. Well, for me anyway.  Once i start work on a new outfit texture, I really throw myself into it.  But I have ADD, so once that outfit is completed, I lose interest for a while...

Anyway, here are a few shots from in-game:

guardian12_zps5d518a1f.png

guardian17_zpsdb4a61a8.png

guardian7_zps8566959b.png

(Yes, that is a re-skinned lightsaber; no, it will not be included in my pack. I get easily confused. Reskinning a playermodel is enough for me.)

And lastly, here's a preview of my second finished character for this pack:

Hunterpreview1_zpsaa458882.png

Let me know what you think!

Omicron, Circa, bednarro and 2 others like this

Thanks everybody! I have tried to put as much detail as I can into each skin.  Whether they'll still look that good on everyone else's games, who can tell?  Unfortunately, as I start introducing the other characters, you'll probably see a lot of similarities.  Most of the other heads have minor facial changes.  To me, the changes look big, but that's because I've worked on them and tweaked them for years.  I do have one face that is completely different, but...he's kind of a secret right now.  I'll release pictures of him when I'm further along.

@@Omicron: no, I didn't make the hilt.  I have no modeling skills whatsoever. Also, no money for the programs. I just reskinned that hilt to my own personal taste.  If you want to know what hilt it is, I'll have to do some research for the original file; I'm afraid I can't remember the file name at the moment.  But I'm glad you liked my reskin of it, anyway!

I think I'll leave you all with another picture of my second character, who I forgot to say is called the Hunter.  He also has a couple of different head options.

hunter2_zps674cc25c.png

Update time! Here's another shot of my Hunter character:

Hunterpreview2_zps93b32244.png

And here's a preview of my third character so far:

StoneFrogpreview1_zpse67e5e93.png

So I've decided to settle on making five complete skins (one of the characters has three different head choices, however) for this package, which means I'm more than halfway through.  I'm planning to make to make special screenshots with a short backstory written for each character.  They'll be included in the zip file along with the readme and such.  I'll probably post more images of my characters over the next week, and with any luck, I may finish the pack by this weekend!

I appreciate any feedback! :)

Circa and Kreed Antilles Ordo like this

These are pretty awesome, great work!

I dare say Hapslash would like these, he made his Anakin model with reskinning in mind and generally liked what people came up with. ;)

I appreciate that. And I would certainly hope he would like these. I love the immense versatility of this model, though I feel I've hardly used much of that versatility in my work.  But I'm okay with that.  This probably going to be my only skin release, and it's something I've worked on for a while and I'm really happy with it so far.

Update time!

A few in-game screenshots of my previously introduced characters, and a couple shots of my fourth character.

Guardian:

Guardianpreview6_zps295340e5.jpg

Hunter:

Hunterpreview5_zps8876cc75.png

(Third character who so far has no official name...)

StoneFrogpreview12_zps0b401b35.png

StoneFrogpreview11_zpsdf554ce8.png

StoneFrogpreview7_zpsca9264c1.png

And finally, the preview of my fourth character.  He's a vampire.  Yeah.  Can't really come up with a good excuse for him.  Oh well, enjoy.

Vampirepreview2_zps9e31eefa.png

Vampirepreview3_zpse0f6cd27.png

Vampirepreview4_zpse4c7e978.png

I love the third one a lot, very well done. He just feels very "real", you know? I feel like if he went to talk his facial animations would be much greater than JA. :P

Agreed, looks almost Skyrim-esque with the dark environment and facial expression too.

Thanks a lot, everyone! I appreciate it :)

@@Botdra and @@Circa,

I'm glad you like him! I think he's my favorite so far.  I made the facial texture a while ago, but I really didn't begin to see him as a different character until I made his outfit and started tweaking his facial texture more. Now I definitely have ideas about his backstory.

Circa likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just thought I should drop in and let everyone know that this project is still going to be released, eventually.  I had a death in the family a couple weeks ago, so everything just came to a halt after that.  But hopefully in the next few days I will have some new images of progress for you to drool over!

• 3 weeks later...