Is custom content (characters/lightsabers) only seen by you?

So i was just wondering this as i'm the sort of person that really likes to be unique and i have seen people on multiplayer with, what seemed like, custom skins/characters (not to any major extent though.)

Does that mean that when i just played a match with a custom character, that other people saw it or do they see a generic character from the game?  I know that some servers give you the ability to automatically download content but that tends to be server side.

Thanks!

Circa likes this

I wish auto download was just a default option and couldn't be changed. I too like to be individualistic and would love to use my custom skin, but if I am just Kyle to everyone else, what's the point?

Exactly. That's why I never use custom skins. What's the point of having one if no-one else can see it? I know other people try to force me to download their skins so I can see it, but nah.

Circa likes this

Exactly. That's why I never use custom skins. What's the point of having one if no-one else can see it? I know other people try to force me to download their skins so I can see it, but nah.

But I don't particularity care that much about how I look to other people. If I like it, then I'm happy. So I tend to always use custom skins.

and I thought the MLP thing was bad enough...

Well, I chose that model to test my glm exporter because its textures were simple enough for me to do well myself. I guess I should model & texture way more to get better at it and be able to make "proper" models. There's so much I should do though... (Like learning for my exams right now, instead of reading JKHub.)