[MOD SUGGESTION] Mod-Auto-Updater

I've been wondering if it was possible to add a function to the game to let it scan for updates automatically

maybe we could help that by adding some sort of version-file to our pk3's

which the auto updater would compare with the version up here

just an idea I had recently I odnt know if that's even possibly but I thought it'd be nice to have

Assuming it's a multiplayer TC, they can use the Auto Download feature as it is now exploit-free. Not really ideal. I'd suggest something like an updater for a JKHub API. An official API would need more backing than it currently has in order to get made.

MBII's is pretty shit though and consumes a lot of CPU to work properly, because it hashes every single file every time the game loads (including the assets in base... zzzz). I'd suggest something more akin to how a Git, Subversion, or Mercurial repository compares differences. I'm not totally sure of the performance difference there, but it would appear to judge based on last file modification date. Alternatively, one could take the JKG approach and distribute a launcher with the game that does the updating for them, albeit on a more stable host.