Long live Jedi Academy!

Hi! I can't believe there's still a regularly updated website for a game from 2003.

My name isn't actually "Horatio Culver," that's just my Internet username because I don't want to give away my real name.

Horatio comes from my interest in C. S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower books.

Culver is the last name of the actor who played Captain Lorth Needa, my favorite Star Wars character. (No ship that small has a cloaking device!)

I'm good at:

• Editing NPCs
  • Editing sound files (music, dialogue, etc.)
  • Editing 2D graphics (menus etc.)
  • I can skin, but I'm not very good at it (I mostly just change colors)
  • I sometimes map, but I don't very often because the Mac version of GTKRadiant doesn't work very well

However, I can't model because there aren't any JKA modeling programs that I know of for the Mac.

I'm working on a mod that updates the Single Player music. I'll probably release it when I'm done.

-Horatio Culver

Welcome! Good to see another Mac user.

The program called Blender has a version for Mac. I'm no modeler so I don't know much about it.

I'm also working on a SP music mod. I'm done with it actually. It changes the music to music from the prequel SW movies.

I finally decided to try this out, but the most recent version of Blender I can get on my Mac is 2.48. I'm not sure if this will work for Blender 2.48, but I doubt it will.

Not only do I have a Mac, I have an old Mac.

I just downloaded the scripts, and I'm pretty sure I installed them in the right location, but I still can't import/export Jedi Academy models.

Edited by Horatio Culver
  • 4 weeks later...