Jedi Knight Galaxies

I'v been some screenshots and looks pretty cool iv been trying to install it but whenever I launch the game it goes to the loading screen then this comes up. Theres alot more but ill just post the end of it.

Dynamic Glow: disabled

------- sound initialization -------
Initializing DirectSound
 - using ancient version of DirectX -- this will slow FPS
locked hardware.  ok
----- Sound Info -----
sound system is muted
    1 stereo
32768 samples
   16 samplebits
    1 submission_chunk
22050 speed
0xe74efa0 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
------------------------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x00 0x00

Any help would be great.

Thanks Sab

I would definitely clean up your base folder when you have so many things to be in it, however much of is maps but there may be something in your base which may conflict with the JKG itself. either save your install it to your other mods and then make a completely new installation of jka and patch it and after throwing JKG in. I would almost bet that all those who play JKG have a clean installation of JKG and jka without other mods inside it at less not match that is thrown in at their base folders :)

What @@Stoiss said. Clean up your base folder, make sure you're running via launcher or .bat, etc.

"Not a JPG" occurs when the binaries for the game aren't loaded properly, and the game fails to properly read from a protected PK3 (or use an encrypted BSP).

Remove any JKG assets from your base folder (if any are there)

For whatever reason, my thread in TerranGaming on this randomly disappeared.
Anyway, the directions are fairly straightforward:
1. Install game using launcher on Homehosted Package (serverside package might be broken, see my note below if you want the slightly experimental way of fixing this and saving yourself a bit of bandwidth potentially). The game does NOT support Linux serverside! (simple lack of time/resources and unnecessary in the long run really to write *nix binaries) The serverside does NOT work on jamp.exe! (jampded.exe or jampdedmulti.exe ONLY! Aluigi jampded should be compatible)
2. Unzip the Glua .zip (something along the lines of jkg_svGlua.zip), so that there is a Glua folder in your JKG folder.
3. Change the filename of server.cfg to be something else, modify the contents, and run a .bat which execs that .cfg and runs jampded.exe with fs_game set to JKG.

NOTE: there is an experimental fix which may result in the Serverside package working. I don't remember if the PK3 is protected or not. I think it's one of the few that isn't protected. If you go this route:
1. open JKG_SVResources.pk3
2. delete ext_data/MP folder

Is there anything special that needs to be set up like vendors and such or are the compiled into the maps? Thought it may be like lugormod where you can place these things wherever you want.

EDIT: No wonder I couldn't find anything relating to making the server, I'm missing that zip folder. I'm trying to use the launcher to reinstall but it isn't working since the server it connects to for that info seems to be down and it's hung up on looking for updates, the only things I can click on is manual and website.

if i understand this right from jkg irc channel then they are makeing a new luncher with a new PTR server/client update it might be why you can't update the files you have atm. in the old server files there was some crash problems and vendor problems so for what i know they should have a update soon when idk eezstreet is the one who is deside it  with the team when it is ready :)

Is there anything special that needs to be set up like vendors and such or are the compiled into the maps? Thought it may be like lugormod where you can place these things wherever you want.

EDIT: No wonder I couldn't find anything relating to making the server, I'm missing that zip folder. I'm trying to use the launcher to reinstall but it isn't working since the server it connects to for that info seems to be down and it's hung up on looking for updates, the only things I can click on is manual and website.

Use v1.33 for launcher. I have a feeling you're using the old version.