Having the weirdest skin/model issue I've ever had.

Firstly:

The skin works 100% in modview.

The other outfit in the same directory works perfectly.

I've tripled checked file pathing and spelling (wouldn't work in modview if these were incorrect anyway).

I've triple checked to make sure all relevant images are in the directory.

I've checked dimensions of the image files.

I've removed all shaders.

I've replaced the files in case they were somehow corrupt.

I've remade the pk3 twice, just in case.

The Problem:

When I test the skin in game, the eyes, mouth, head, hair, and hood work. But the body shows as white, which normally means incorrect pathing or missing images, but it's correct. However, not only does it show as white, but it turns on every model piece below the neck, despite those pieces being set to *off in the .skin file.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do to fix this, and I've never encountered this problem before. Any suggestions?

Shader shenanigans maybe? Is this a base texture you are applying? Perhaps a conflict with other pk3s in base? Try emptying base of all other (non-assets) pk3s

Failing that, I can prolly fix it if you show me the pk3.

Sounds odd, I seem to recall having a similar issue before, but not sure if that was just me overlooking something or not, don't remember, fixed it though but as I said, don't remember the details. You could send it to me and I could take a look, I'm usually quite good at solving stuff like this xD Unless Cloud solves it if you sent it to him already :).

I lied earlier when I said it wasn't something obvious and silly. I just missed it too.

In both of those skins files you have the following:

torso_collar,models/players/syrena/torso_snow.tga

torso_hood,*off

torso_hood2,

Adding the "*off" to torso_hood2 should solve the problem. It looks like leaving it blank effectively rendered everything below it in the skin file negligible, which is why all those hidden surfaces were displaying with no textures. I was trying to make it more complicated than it was. ;)

MUG likes this

Bah, I knew the answer would be embarrassing. I scoured that .skin file over and over, looking for spelling errors and missing *off's, and I still never saw it! Thank you Inyri.

It's interesting how modview can read the file just fine, but the game can't. It can throw you off from finding the problem!

Bah, I knew the answer would be embarrassing. I scoured that .skin file over and over, looking for spelling errors and missing *off's, and I still never saw it! Thank you Inyri.

It's interesting how modview can read the file just fine, but the game can't. It can throw you off from finding the problem!

Aye, I guess modview reads it line by line, where as the game looks for finished statements.