Model_Breakable to Model_Usable in start_off

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the Kejim map of JKO. The generator that explodes leaves another model of the generator but destroyed. Does anyone know how to do that?

Not for sure, but is basically a scripting of icarus.

for what i understood, is not possible to script directly a misc_model or a misc_model static.

BUT,if a model is linked to  abrushes with control + k, and the brush is set as func_usable, that can solve your problem.

you need to make an invisible noclipbrush basically or something like that, into the same place of your model

when you have the colliders, place the misc_models, one the generator okay, the other the broken generator.

make two copies of the collider brushes,

group the first copies asfunc_usable and put a targetname e and a script_targetname.

same with the other brush group for broken model.

now, link with control + k  the generator model to the usables func clips 1, and the broken to the usable funcclips 2 (that is set as start_off)

now is all question of use a script that you need to run when you want to broke the model.

mmm i am not sure about how to make that part... :\

but however when you run the script, activate from the event that broke the generator 

the script "use"the 2 clippers, switching off the intact model, and on the broken and at the same time play also a fx_runner

with targetname.

that is all i know... for have more answers the unique is decompile scripts of jedi outcast, and the map of the generator too.

for have a pratical example about model replacing... i remember a level on JKA with the same situation: the t1_danger map. when you start the level, you see the place when

put the pieces of ship for repair the transport with a red aura. these glows are MD3 models and are replaced by the misc_model of the model of the piece when you return after u get the piece avoid the sand worms.

that is the kind of stuff you need . extract t1_danger, decompile the map and study his structure and their script.

remember however that the misc_model_static and misc_model entities not survive to decompiling

Make sure that there actually is a destroyed generator model (<modelname>_d1.md3), make sure that the model path is correct in the misc_model_breakable model string (models/map_objects/<folder>/<modelname>.md3), that it is solid (tick the option in the settings) and that it has a health. It works perfectly to me. I just checked out, and it is exactly the same way they did the exploding "emod" (that's what it's called) in t3_stamp, the glowing yellow tank in the right corner of the starting area, next to the mutant rancor.

• Solution

Is that actually the model name? car01.md3_car01_des.md3? You only need to set the "healthy" model in the model field - it will automatically switch to <modelname>_d1.md3 once destroyed.

I see you ticked the use_model option - but that doesn't make the model usable: you'll have to tick the player_use option for that, as well as use_not_break. That will make the model usable, it will prevent the model from being destroyed by using it, and will display <modelname>_u1.md3 when used. It will still display <modelname>_d1.md3 - the damaged model - when destroyed. All these models will be automatically displayed in the right conditions (used and destroyed), you just have to set the proper model name. If that's correct, then there may be something wrong with the model so that it can't be dynamically loaded.

Asgarath83 likes this

The name of the normal model is: (car01.md3) and the name of the model that will come out after the explosion is: (car01_des.md3). I have already put this model before in Misc_model. And it worked, maybe I'm not putting the model's path well. I don't know if it is written like this: car01.md3 car01_des.md3 or so car01.md3_car01_des.md3, also: models/e/mw1/car01.md3_models/e/mw1/car01_des.md3 or so: models/e/mw1/car01.md3 models/e/mw1/car01_des.md3 ... If you can't find an explanation: how about this? I will send the two models the textures, the map in .map format to give you a check.

Yeah, it's exactly how it works. In this case you just had to set the model to models/e/mw1/car01.md3, nothing else. It automatically switches to car01_d1.md3 when destroyed, and car01_u1.md3 when used, if they exist and they're in the same folder. And yes, if you want a damaged model to appear when the misc_model_breakable is killed you'll need a model_d1.md3 to go with it.