Movies in a map

Helli there! Just a quick question. Can any one refer me to a tutorial or maybe write one up as we dont seem to have one for this on jkhub about how to make a roq file play in a map.

Its been a long many years since Ive done tgis and have forggoten how and what entities to use tobset this up.

I know the sound track is seperate from the video. So ive got that setup. But the next part... Meh i dnt remember haha.

I may misinterpret your text, but I assume that you think it's only showing how to convert a roq. It also shows a shader that can be used ingame. I mean, you can copy the shader with your paths and name it like you want to.

Sry, if I misinterpreted what you said though.

Nah that tut is all about converting them and then replacing the menu video.

I know sjc had a movie theater map for jka showing the episode 3 trailer. Im trying to do some thing similiar but cant find any thing on setting it up in gtk and the shader required in order to do it.

Like the movie that plays in the main hall of The Quad? I'm not completely sure, as I have never used it, but this should be the right shader:

textures/<path>/<texture>
{
    qer_editorimage    textures/<path>/<texture>
    q3map_nolightmap
    {
        videoMap video/<video>
    }
}

Only the video name is required, without the .roq extension.

Nah that tut is all about converting them and then replacing the menu video.

I know sjc had a movie theater map for jka showing the episode 3 trailer. Im trying to do some thing similiar but cant find any thing on setting it up in gtk and the shader required in order to do it.

It shows how the damn menu shader looks. As I said, copy it, rename the shader, change the path to the roq file. Optional: add a fancy preview image as ramikad suggested with qer_editorimage. Add lighmap stage or else as needed and you are good to go. -.-