3.JPG

But i have three problems at modelling and converting

1- I cant move skeleton to make sure i did weight painting
2- I dont know how to do weight transfer
3- I cannot export my character as glm format

Please help me and contact me in discord , if possible ^_^
DarthValeria#6365

@@DarthValeria you did not.
The request forum is also not the proper forum, although it's better then tutorials.
This thread is in the right spot, I moved it to modding assistance - which is the forum to post your modding related questions, the forum to go to when you need help with solving a modding related problem.

Heya Darth Valeria.

1: To move the skeleton, you need to be in 'Pose Mode'. To get into pose mode, go to the bottom of the screen where it'll show what current 'mode' you're on. It should either say Object Mode, Edit Mode, Weight Mode etc. Make sure your skeleton is selected, hit that button at the bottom and change it to Pose Mode. You should now be able to select a bone, and rotate it and be able to check your weights.

2: By "weight transfer" I assume you're talking about how to adjust weights specifically so that when you rotate a bone, it'll move specific vertices. While you're in weight paint mode, look to the right, at the properties panel, and select the 'Object data' button. It kinda looks like a downwards pointing triangle. Once you select that, it'll bring you a bunch of settings and stuff below it, search for the "Vertex Groups" panel. As you're weight painting, you select the vertex group which corresponds to a bone in the 3D scene. So if you're working on the elbow, you find the vertex group that corresponds with the elbow (Should be named so it should be easy to find), and you start working on that. If you find that when you're testing by going into pose mode and moving the elbow, and it's moving too much, then go back to vertex groups and select the parent bone, ("Parent Bone" meaning the bone/vertex group that is above the current bone) and add a bit of weight there so that it spreads among the 2 and therefore is moved less when testing the elbow bone.

https://jkhub.org/images/D65RoSQ.png

In the above image, "lhumerusX" is the parent of "lradius"

3: You gotta get the Ghoul 2 addon to be able to import and export JKA models/skeletons. I'm not sure where to get that anymore. Hopefully somebody else can answer this part.

Good luck, mate!!

ooeJack

p.s. You're asking for assistance for a mod you're working on. "Modding Assistance" part of the forum is the way to go! :D

Smoo, DarthValeria and Psyk0Sith like this

Heya Darth Valeria.

1: To move the skeleton, you need to be in 'Pose Mode'. To get into pose mode, go to the bottom of the screen where it'll show what current 'mode' you're on. It should either say Object Mode, Edit Mode, Weight Mode etc. Make sure your skeleton is selected, hit that button at the bottom and change it to Pose Mode. You should now be able to select a bone, and rotate it and be able to check your weights.

2: By "weight transfer" I assume you're talking about how to adjust weights specifically so that when you rotate a bone, it'll move specific vertices. While you're in weight paint mode, look to the right, at the properties panel, and select the 'Object data' button. It kinda looks like a downwards pointing triangle. Once you select that, it'll bring you a bunch of settings and stuff below it, search for the "Vertex Groups" panel. As you're weight painting, you select the vertex group which corresponds to a bone in the 3D scene. So if you're working on the elbow, you find the vertex group that corresponds with the elbow (Should be named so it should be easy to find), and you start working on that. If you find that when you're testing by going into pose mode and moving the elbow, and it's moving too much, then go back to vertex groups and select the parent bone, ("Parent Bone" meaning the bone/vertex group that is above the current bone) and add a bit of weight there so that it spreads among the 2 and therefore is moved less when testing the elbow bone.

3: You gotta get the Ghoul 2 addon to be able to import and export JKA models/skeletons. I'm not sure where to get that anymore. Hopefully somebody else can answer this part.

Good luck, mate!!

ooeJack

p.s. You're asking for assistance for a mod you're working on. "Modding Assistance" part of the forum is the way to go! :D

Your answer is very useful, Can you contact me in Discord if possible, we can solve this problem together ^_^

ooeJack likes this

Heya Darth Valeria.

Good luck, mate!!

ooeJack

Thank you so much man, you're one of 3 persons who helped me to solve this problem  :D

I can now easily export and convert my models into Jedi Academy , thank you a lot I owe you  :)

ooeJack likes this

That's good to hear, DarthValeria!

Good luck with your current and future projects! :)

ooeJack

I got a small problem at exporting, dude

I can easily manage to export the model perfectly but

When i export it it is unusually becomes 1 kb only

And i create model_default and shader files for model and i create a model for it

But it crashes when i ever playermodel of my model

Can you help me about it please?

I use latest version of plugin

• Solution

Heya DarthValeria.

Unfortunately I've never had that problem before, so I'm not sure if I can help you with that.

When I was working on characters for JKA, I wrote down some notes to help me during export. They might help you out:

- EXPORT CHARACTER          [Current Character Progress: 0%]
  - Make sure scene only contains just the Character + Tags & Skeleton
  - Set skeleton pose to 'Rest Position'
  - Place "_humanoid.gla", "animation.cfg" & "animevents.cfg" into _humanoid folder
  - File > Export > 'JA Ghoul 2 model (.glm)'

- Left panel Properties:
   - base Path = The directory that leads to and includes the base folder
    - Example: "C:\Projects\FINAL OUTPUT - OBIWAN\base"
   - .gla name = The directory following /base that leads to and includes the '_humanoid' file
    - Example: "models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid"
     - MUST CONTAIN FORWARD SLASHES (/), NOT back slashes (\)
   - Check the following, then EXPORT:
    - Model must be named "model.glm" and exported to 'models/players/<character name>/"model.glm"'

Hope this helps.

ooeJack
DarthValeria likes this

Heya DarthValeria.

Unfortunately I've never had that problem before, so I'm not sure if I can help you with that.

When I was working on characters for JKA, I wrote down some notes to help me during export. They might help you out:

- Place "_humanoid.gla", "animation.cfg" & "animevents.cfg" into _humanoid folder

- Left panel Properties:

- .gla name = The directory following /base that leads to and includes the '_humanoid' file
    - Model must be named "model.glm" and exported to 'models/players/<character name>/"model.glm"'

Hope this helps.

ooeJack

I have a new problem now unfortunately

1.JPG

You can take a look to file solve the problem if you want

Please help me, it's so important  :)

Heya DarthValeria.

- Left panel Properties:

Hope this helps.

ooeJack

I solved some problems thanks to you but now i have this problem

1.JPG

2.JPG

• 1 month later...