Blender Import

Hello.

I've done some modding for the kotor games in the past, and after downloading these games again I noticed something I wanted to change.

Basically, all I want to do is get the Rodian model into blender to make its hands less weird and gangly.

I've used pakscape to get all the models, but when I try to open it in blender it says "file not found! (no gla?)"

I've done some googling, and there's plenty of people that have had this issue (in fact, there's a similar thread from like... 3 weeks ago here), but what everyone says to do to solve it is flying straight over my head.

Is it not as simple as getting the models from assets1.pk3 and importing them to blender? What am I missing here?

Yes, I have that file.

Where do I need to put it though? Do I just leave it in the _humanoid folder?

Do I move it to the folder with the model I'm trying to import?

(I've tried both those things, neither one worked.)

I've both the _humanoid folder and the model folder on the players folder. Like in Gamedata/Base/Models/Players. That seems to work for me at least. 

Acerbic likes this

I tried copying the folder structure you posted there, that seemed to work.

Before I was just placing the _humanoid and jedi_rm folders into a new folder on my desktop.

Now when I open it in blender, it's just a mishmash of all the selectable parts, and I can't edit anything... but that's still progress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried copying the folder structure you posted there, that seemed to work.

Before I was just placing the _humanoid and jedi_rm folders into a new folder on my desktop.

Now when I open it in blender, it's just a mishmash of all the selectable parts, and I can't edit anything... but that's still progress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you post screens it's easier to visualize the problem. When you import a model it usually places the main mesh and all the LODs in the same place so it looks odd at first glance. Also, since this is JA, all the parts of the model are separated in different places (for dismemberment purposes). If you want to edit the hands, make sure to select them and go to Edit Mode (the hotkey for that is TAB)

Can't figure out how to attach files.

Basically, when I open it in blender it's showing all of the parts (the 3 heads, all the torsos, etc.) at once.

Also all that shows up in the outliner is

model_root_0

model_root_1

model_root_2

skeleton_root

The only one I can enter edit mode for is skeleton_root.

Edit: This'll work in lieu of screenshots, I guess.

Edit 2: When right clicking and entering edit mode for the hands... well there's more than one.

Not sure how many. I stopped separating them at 20.

Can't figure out how to attach files.

Basically, when I open it in blender it's showing all of the parts (the 3 heads, all the torsos, etc.) at once.

model_root_0

model_root_1

model_root_2

skeleton_root

The only one I can enter edit mode for is skeleton_root.

Edit: This'll work in lieu of screenshots, I guess.

Edit 2: When right clicking and entering edit mode for the hands... well there's more than one.

Not sure how many. I stopped separating them at 20.

This playlist should help you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZpCZE32qt3FzHJETfTZlcGehsG7xGLH8

Acerbic likes this

model_root_0

model_root_1

model_root_2

skeleton_root

All files that end with _1 or _2 are LODs meshes. This means they're the same as their _0 counterparts, but with a lower level of detail for ingame optimization. 

I stopped right near the end it seems.

There are 21 hands when I open the model.

That's because the customizable Rodian Jaden model has a set of hands for every different torso it has, and since each has their respsective LODs, the number is that big. You should start by editing the hands of your favorite torso and then moving upwards if you have the energy for it. You can check in modview the specific model part with their specific hierarchy by checking the surfaces on the model. 

ooeJack and Acerbic like this