First model ever

Christopher lee was the handler if the red bull in the movie if I recall, sure its before my time, but its a good animation movie.

anyways back to the gun, if I remove the segments it'll lower the polycount, then I can start learning the UV map, at lease with this model its not much needed, so the learning process should be easy

u gotta capture that awesome clanking sound it made when u shot it lol. looks like badassedness. specially for yer first

got my original right here for that, that heavy trigger sound was classic, im also just mapping it in my mind, im just using 3d max as if it was GTK, so my mapping knowlage, is basicly 3D knowlage in general

the actual firing sound will be the either the ship firing sound from defender, or the super smash bros 64 raygun sound sfx. both are retro sounding and powerful at the same time

692 is the final polycount with more segments removed >.>; I should have seen each "box" as a "brush" per say

yeah I noticed that, its a cone, so i gotta either delete it and make a new one thats just 1 segment, or mod the existing one, the trigger loops? i have No idea what your talking about tbh, but im appreciating the feedback since how the hell else am I gunna learn? :P

derpherpferp.png

yeah, no idea how to shape that without that yet, working on it though

Those two "x"s are marking the edges to remove...You can make that shape the same way, because unless it is just the way that screenshot looks those slopes appear to be straight, so those edgeloops are not giving it any shape....the only ones you need are the top of the trigger, the middle, to make it arch in, and the bottom. If those are in fact giving it a curve, then I would removed them and ignore it anyway...the model will be too small ingame to see that small of a difference, so it is really a waste of work and polys.

Also this is just a personal preference, but it would make your work a lot easier to critique if you used direct front and side shots, and then if you wanted to throw in an angled one to show depth then fine. But a bigger thing is that background...for the love of all that is decent, please I am begging you to use a solid background. Not only is it uncomfortable on the eyes, but since your using colored wireframes it makes them difficult to see on that background.

so roughly 600 polys it should be when im done, I might even redo the barrel with less segments so its only a 12 sided cylinder instead of a 24 sided, the detail reduction wouldnt really be that noticable since its going to have a plastic look to it anyways the gun is currently 622 polys so it might be a little less then 600 when done, look at dreamcast models, its still rather high poly since most character models on that system were around 1k