New forum category: Unsupported Mods

So you might have noticed that the forum categories have been changed. This is because there are a lot of Hosted Mods with very scant updates. In many cases, the authors were absent for large periods of time, in the case of Unleashed mod, the author has not posted an update on the project in almost two years (!)

Since mods come and go, and we want to preserve that content, we have moved those mods to a new category at the bottom of the Hosted Mods forum - Unsupported Mods.

The following forums have been moved to Unsupported Mods:

• Dusty's Patch
  • Silex 3 (hidden)
  • ClanMod
  • Dark Forces II Mod
  • Ten Years: Jedi Academy Collaboration (hidden)
  • Unleashed Mod
  • OpenRP
  • Castlevania Mod

The forums have also been reorganized based on activity trends. Those at the bottom of the list are more likely to be moved into Unsupported Mods at some point.

EDIT: To clarify, that does not mean that JKHub does not support the mods and won't be hosting forums for these at some point. It just means that those mods haven't received significant updates by their authors. They could very well move out of Unsupported if their author(s) choose to. If you are a mod author and feel that your forum has been wrongly moved, let me know.

Edited by eezstreet
Bek and Cerez like this

I agree with Raz0r. We can find a better word.

There is a difference between being inactive from a playing point of view, and being inactive about the updates from the staff. For example, japlus is still an active mod with a lot of players, but the staff is inactive, still there was no more updates.

I suggest something like "Mods with no more development support" or something like this.

I don't know why ClanMod is in the list. ClanMod has been updated recently : http://jkhub.org/files/file/2034-clan-mod/

Thank you for the feedback. I did not realize that ClanMod was still active- there weren't any posts in its forum.

The forum name is now Inactive Mods. I still think that there could be a better word, like even just putting "Other Mods".

I'll probably contact the people of more inactive mods, if there is another mod that comes along.