It's about that time folks. The time when we are in need of an extra hand to help out with all things staff related.
It's been a busy time these past few months. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, activity has been a bit low lately because that. Even our current staff members have been swamped with work and classes, resulting in a shortage of progress in current plans and the day to day responsibilities.
In addition to the busyness, a couple staff members are "retiring" from their duties. @Fighter has been a staff member for over a year now, and has felt the need to move on. In addition to his great staff role, he has been the resident technician, keeping the website working properly since @Caelum retired. @SiLink was brought on to fill his role, but has taken a new job and cannot commit to being staff currently. With these two gone, we are looking for some additional help.
By no means are we desperate for help, we'd just like some extra hands.
So JKHub is hiring new staff members. During the coming week, we'll be accepting applications for the position of JKHub Staff. Applications should be submitted before the end of Friday the 18th of April.
Here are some of the things our staff members do. This is a pretty non-exhaustive list, but should give you an idea:
- Approving content, like files or tutorials
- Moderating the forum, taking action against content that violates our rules in cooperation with the rest of the staff
- Discussing potential issues, ideas, or ways to make JKHub more awesome
- Advertising JKHub at various places, if necessary
- Answering questions or concerns from other users
- Keeping in touch with hosting account owners and fix any issues that arise
- Staying active (this is one of the most important things we are looking for currently)
We are slightly loose on requirements; just tell us why we should pick you. Regardless, here are some guidelines if you're thinking about applying:
- You should be able to speak fluent English
- You should be able to work together with the rest of our staff as a team
- You should be able to communicate with people well, to solve conflicts, and generally posses people-skills
- You should be able to handle large amounts of both reasonable and unreasonable criticism, and distinguish between the two
- You should have enough time to check the site daily(ish) and to generally be active *
- You should be willing to question JKHub's policies and procedures
- You should be able to focus less on being a power-hungry authority figure and more of a team member and still a member of this community
- You should be aware that this is a serious commitment and requires your time and effort
The following are also considered nice, though not necessarily mandatory:
- Being good with deadlines and capable of getting most stuff done in time
- Previous experience moderating or administrating forums or other communities
- Basic knowledge of JKA modding (the more the better)
- Previous experience managing clans or large modding projects
- Someone to vouch or recommend you as a person and potential staff member
Q: I previously received a warning. Can I still apply?
A: Yup. Just recognize that it may diminish your chances, but if you tell us why we should pick you over anyone else anyway, sure.
Q: I only registered X days ago and only have Y posts! Can I still apply?
A: Yup. Just recognize that if you only registered a few days ago/barely ever posted, it may diminish your chances, but once again: feel free to apply, just be sure to mention why we should pick you anyway.
Q: Can I still apply if __________?
A: Yup. Again: just tell us why we should pick you, who you are, and so forth. You have nothing to lose by applying.
Q: Is this a paid position?
Q: Should I apply?
If you wish to apply, please PM an application to the @@JKHub account before the end of Friday the 18th of April so we know you're interested. It's a little different than last time an application process was offered for staff. Before, it was slightly after launch when everyone was still unfamiliar with one another. This lead to the application content being judged heavily on whether or not you were picked. This time however, in addition to the content of your application, you will also be judged on your history we've observed over time on the forums. This isn't meant to scare you away from applying though. Please apply!
We don't have any specific guidelines on what to write. In short: you should convince us why we should hire you instead of anyone else, and tell us what makes you stand out.
Though this is a volunteer position, staff are expected to have the drive, responsibility, integrity, and pride that you would have for any other job.
At this point, we won't be sharing how many new staff members we'll be taking on; you'll see.