I feel strange when I see Jaden's Force Lightning

shot0000.jpg?type=w3

This is my character and he's wielding a single_3 consul saber with blue color.

I modified him as my hope goes, but when I see his Force Lightning, I feel very strange.

Watch this picture, What do you think of this stance?

Of course, this is basic Lightning stance of JKA but I felt weird of this.   It's... a little unbalanced stance from the center of the body.

But when I see this stance in other angle, it seems nice to me.  It's like starkiller's Lightning stance in Unleashed.

But only when I see this stance in Default angle, it seems weird to me.

How can I fix this unbalanced disharmony?   Am I feeling the disturbance of the Force?

There are a few stance animations. Not sure if they address lightning stance but at least these  seems to (haven't tested any of them).

https://jkhub.org/files/file/249-new-force-lightning-animation/

https://jkhub.org/files/file/753-clone-wars-stances-and-effects-mod/

BTW, is not related to the stance, rather than the lining effects, I also would recommend this. Especially "Lighting types x" with blue, purple colors.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1016-darthstevenuss-lightning-enhancement-pack/

I've tried all of my method but it didn't work.  So I conclude there's no way to revise it.

The only way to satisfy is just fixing my mind and accepting "This is right stance..." for me.

Not denying this stance is only way.

When you watch this stance in other angles.

shot0008.jpg?type=w3

shot0023.jpg?type=w3

shot0032.jpg?type=w3

Isn't it wonderful stance?  Is it cool and stylish stance?

It seems it is the most agressive stance in JKA.  But it breaks its force when we view it at Default Angle !

What a strange... What a shame...  :(    What a mysterious situation?

Anyway...  It is very similar to Darth Malgus's lightning stance !!

malgus_lightning.png?type=w3

So I finally chose to accept this stance.

It's probably because of the way the saber is held - no practical reason to hold it like that irl, but maybe I'm missing something? Either way, I'd change it too, if I could :D

No, I like that way the saber is held.   What I don't like was biased stance when we view this at Default angle. Draw a cross(stavros) in that picture and you will find unbalanced stance from the center.  That's why I don't liked it but yeah... it's okay...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks unbalanced to you because if you drew a straight line from his right leg to his hand or head the line would be leaning to the left.

The only fix would be to reanimate it. I think I food that with some of the force animations in the past. I'll check them out. I know I changed the saber hand to be compatible with the staff and backhand sabers.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I think it looks unbalanced to you because if you drew a straight line from his right leg to his hand or head the line would be leaning to the left.

The only fix would be to reanimate it. I think I food that with some of the force animations in the past. I'll check them out. I know I changed the saber hand to be compatible with the staff and backhand sabers.

It would be thankful if you help me fixing it.  But...  I'm using custom modified KOTOR stance.  If you can add your fixed animation to that mod, I can revise and apply.

If you were fixing it right now, can you apply it to KOTOR Stance?

https://jkhub.org/files/file/564-kotor-stances/  --> KOTOR stance

katanamaru likes this

It would be thankful if you help me fixing it.  But...  I'm using custom modified KOTOR stance.  If you can add your fixed animation to that mod, I can revise and apply.

If you were fixing it right now, can you apply it to KOTOR Stance?

https://jkhub.org/files/file/564-kotor-stances/  --> KOTOR stance

It's a shame the author of the Kotor Stances never came up with a V3 that he promised.

It's a shame the author of the Kotor Stances never came up with a V3 that he promised.

I didn't hack this mod because I don't want to.  And I don't have ability to hack either. I just used ModView to see some animations and modified animation.cfg to rearrange animations.

I like Revan's fast stance so that I applied it to single_3 .sab file and revan's saber file.    I divided normal and special lightsaber stance. My jedi character and Revan are using 'Revan's fast stance'.

And others are using normal fast, medium, heavy stance.

The_Old_Republic__Rescue_Mission_-_%2820  The_Old_Republic__Rescue_Mission_-_%2820

This is Revan's fast stance.  I like it.  :)   So I always use this.

Ok I did fix the animation. I'll message you my email and if you could email me the animation mod you want me to add it to I'll do it.

I don't have internet at home and jkhub is blocked at work, so we'll have to use email.

If you inform your email address, I'll send my stance mod to you.  But...  I didn't inform your email address yet.

So..  How can I send you now?

Small update, my lightning stance fixes your issue so long as the saber stance is balanced. It worked fine with the single and dual saber stances since mine use the same leg positions, but it was unbalanced when I used the staff style since it had different leg positions.

Most likely it depends on how the torso is rotated.