The Disapearing Model Issue.

I made the whale model and i made him flying animation - Dont ask.. private stuff here. 

The only one problem. I made model root in the middle. And whale is flying around the model root so i made that he is flying quite far from the first point of the animation. But because of its scale - In game when i am looking at it from the ground - it is disapearing .. possibly becuase i dont have the model root bone visible on the screen while in game. 

Is there any chance turn this off? I know it is for optimizing the game but i dont need it in my mini mod and my map is small enough to let something like that to happen.

ooeJack likes this

The skeleton's root controls the "walking" around if you will, you don't animate the skeleton itself to move around, only the root (and even then it doesn't need to move that often and doesn't go very far) Load a player model from raven and look at the root and you'll see what i mean. So you'll need to remake your animations "in place" instead of actually moving around.

Langerd likes this

The skeleton's root controls the "walking" around if you will, you don't animate the skeleton itself to move around, only the root (and even then it doesn't need to move that often and doesn't go very far) Load a player model from raven and look at the root and you'll see what i mean. So you'll need to remake your animations "in place" instead of actually moving around.

Instead of animating the NPC to move far away from it's root, you should create a .roff file that creates the movement. I did that with the glider and now it flies around in my map. 

Ok ! Many thanks for answers! I will remake them. 

Never made .roff animations before. How exactly does it works?

Never made .roff animations before. How exactly does it works?

I did them in blender. First I imported one from the game to get an idea of how they are and then I did my own. You don't need to import a JA model, the .roff file is linked to any mesh you have in blender. For example, I created a cone mesh and animated it to create the path I wanted the NPC to follow, then I exported the .roff file and it worked perfectly!