For Making New Model Enemies With New Skeleton I Suggest - Dont Name Shooting Animation Both_Attack3 Etc.

Why so long topic? Well i must say - it wont work for the _humanoid enemies (but YOU CAN make new animations and i rly recommend this method).

I made new animations for the saber_droid - i just edited skeleton so one bone will be moveable for me. You may ask - why to make one bone just floating? If You weight r_hand tag to that bone You can edit placement of the weapon with the animations!

And Now the trick - I made new animations as well . This is idle animation :

but it is called BOTH_STAND1. And You may ask... Why? This is used for standing animation. And Yes!  I made it not for no reason. The reason is that i can manipulate with the animations while npc is shooting. How is it work?

You can see when character is jumping he is not holding the gun. It is that hopping animation when character has the hands rised up - You know jumping animation . Look at the Kyle

OspI6qJ.jpg
wevfqdR.jpg

He is jumping with the E11 in his hand. But if You will start shooting the BOTH_ATTACK3 animation will play in his upper part of the body (actually i changed the animation for my mod but you get the idea):

aaZG5IA.jpg

That is why it is unnecessary for Us if we want multiple attack for the character because if npc will start shooting , punching basiclly attacking - it will play the BOTH_ATTACK3 Again.. And we dont want that.

So we have something like scripts ! ^^ Right? The problem is You rly need new animations here. For big enemies - With cannons, turrets - You can hide normal default weapons inside of the model.
So with the :

-skeleton with the weighted tag to the moveable bones
-weapons of the model - turrets, cannons, asses, eyes , cannon arms (like mega man). They are just the parts of the model
-new animations where - You move bone (with connected tag) and You put the tag inside cannon , hand .. You get the idea.
-with the model and animation You edit the animation.cfg - Here .. You just add new lines of the animations - frame numbers fps etc. AAAaaaand You name them correectly. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. You must named them like the animations in the _humanoid - because game would not load new named animations. For example You named them - BOTH_STAND1_TALK2 . This is not useful animation for the npc enemy so we can replace that with our animation.

-And now - make Looped script that is spawnscript. For? For making our character a new unique enemy . With looped script we can make the enemy use diffrent weapons. AND here is where we also edit the animations. When character is shooting normally - IT IS NOT CHANGING ANIMATION. AT ALL. And this is a TRICK HERE OuO !!! For example i made this animation for idle:

piFf5Q2.gif

He is shooting laser bolts like crazy And with the script i made that after 5 seconds the character play this animation:

pkH9O9j.gif

After that little animation the droid shoots rockets at You!! 5 rockets later it is back with the lasers. This happend 2 times. But after 15 seconds droid plays this animation:

wdrwYYr.gif

When he is in this crouched pistion i made that rocket launcher apears behind his back. And he is shooting auto aiming missles at me. After max 3 shoots he is back at the lasers - And it is looping that way. And this is my final product:

D1e25Ry.gif

As You can see : loading animation - rockets, lasers - loading animations - rockets - lasers - crouching down - auto aim rockets.

I Hope You understand my point here 

Noodle, Lancelot, Smoo and 1 other like this

This is amazing! The only thing that I don't have clear is how to make the weapon invisible and how do you weight the tag to the bones. This is using the saber droid's custom humanoid skeleton? I love what you did, droid enemies can allow so many cool things!

Langerd likes this