The One Brush To Screw Them All, And Then The Gtk Hates Them! Xd

So during T Junction phase of my compile I get that cursed "MAX_EDGE_LINES" error, Caused by brushes going into brushes bassicly and causing bad triangle splits. Alright so normally 90% of the time I do pretty good 45'ing my corners and brush work so this had me a little baffled as to why I've currently been having to continuisly use the "No T Junction" switch during meta. Is there any way I can narrow down my search for the offending brush(s). 

Example being if I say grab chunks of the map an compile them untill I get that error in one of the sections or is this an accumlitive error from just too many brushes going into other brushes through the entire map? 
I want to fix this error, while the "No T Junction" switch does work around this error you can see seams here and there in the map, nothing most players would really notice. however "I" notice them and I want to fix these asap. XD So I figured I would ask here to see if any one knows of a more refined manor of method for finding the cause(s).

May the Force be with you!

AngelModder

I don't think it would hurt to compile in chunks and see if the error occurs in that section. If you don't mind send me the .map file and I'll take a look at it. 

I've found the issue to a point. I copied the map over to a new file and just started erasing a ton of shit. Eventually about 3000 patches later it went away. I thought for a moment I had a Eureka moment when I erased my swoop track and it finally did the T junction np problem. So I went to my main map thinking Ok maybe it was the Swoop track, not a big deal I could redesign that or find the issue. 

Erased the swoop track but to no avail T junction still failed, so essentailly it is exactly whjat the error is telling me bassicaly the map has just too many edges. Converting to ASE or MD3 still doesn't fix the problem as it still runs the T junction on those as well. Essentailly thjis comes down to a failure on my end, while my brush work by most maps standards is very clean. I apparently still have much to learn about quads.

Compiling with no t junctions is probably not a good idea in the long run.

At this point I am just working to hide the effects of T JUnction, theirs really no fix for it unless I rebuild the entire map. So as the maps 80% done and already 3 years in and several folks contributions in, it wouldn't be fair to the public nor myself to restart. 

What I have been doing instead is to try and little by little fix the problem. Going back removing any extra verts from patches I may have forgotten, combinding textures to make some things on surface rather then chopped up, try to fix several of the t junctions in the maps brush work as well. I spent a couple of days re reading the old q3 documentation. O_O...

I've found the issue to a point. I copied the map over to a new file and just started erasing a ton of shit. Eventually about 3000 patches later it went away. I thought for a moment I had a Eureka moment when I erased my swoop track and it finally did the T junction np problem. So I went to my main map thinking Ok maybe it was the Swoop track, not a big deal I could redesign that or find the issue. 

Erased the swoop track but to no avail T junction still failed, so essentailly it is exactly whjat the error is telling me bassicaly the map has just too many edges. Converting to ASE or MD3 still doesn't fix the problem as it still runs the T junction on those as well. Essentailly thjis comes down to a failure on my end, while my brush work by most maps standards is very clean. I apparently still have much to learn about quads.

At this point I am just working to hide the effects of T JUnction, theirs really no fix for it unless I rebuild the entire map. So as the maps 80% done and already 3 years in and several folks contributions in, it wouldn't be fair to the public nor myself to restart. 

What I have been doing instead is to try and little by little fix the problem. Going back removing any extra verts from patches I may have forgotten, combinding textures to make some things on surface rather then chopped up, try to fix several of the t junctions in the maps brush work as well. I spent a couple of days re reading the old q3 documentation. O_O...

Its kinda hard to visualize what you did wrong but did you EVER compile this project once to test stuff over those 3 years? I can't go more than a room and/or hallway before having to texture, light, and work on the main detail stuff even. 

The only thing I read about this error of your occurs when there is a large brush with other, smaller brushes aligned next to it. You got any of those? 

Also is this terrain related with all those patches? If so I have some .map files with hand shaped terrain that might help you out. 

LOL I compile daily, this is v2 of this project, this version is about 10 months old. plus there was a little break between the two versions. The original cut was developed for the jawa clan, but screw them. 
Any ways TBH I've poured through this map and theirs just no one thing or even a series of things that seem to be causing it, this may simply be that at 16k brushes and god knows how many patches it truely just has too many edges in it for a T Junction compile. 
Any ways Add me on discord @@IrocJeff_Jeff im in the Jkhub community channel. I'm sure you're there as well. 

The problem is not terrain related as this map doesn't really have any terrain aside from small raised gardens 

LOL I compile daily, this is v2 of this project, this version is about 10 months old. plus there was a little break between the two versions. The original cut was developed for the jawa clan, but screw them. 

Any ways TBH I've poured through this map and theirs just no one thing or even a series of things that seem to be causing it, this may simply be that at 16k brushes and god knows how many patches it truely just has too many edges in it for a T Junction compile. 

Any ways Add me on discord @@IrocJeff_Jeff im in the Jkhub community channel. I'm sure you're there as well. 

The problem is not terrain related as this map doesn't really have any terrain aside from small raised gardens 

Don't use Discord, sorry.

I had max_plane_error in nearly every map I made because I didn't know the limits of JO so I know how it feels when this happens. Just start removing parts of your map til it stops and design it better, redesign the whole thing, or just quit and work on something else and consider this project a learning experience.  :P