Replacing Melee in MP

Hey, I've been attempting to replace melee with the Gaffi Stick/Tusken Staff by replacing the models/weapons2/noweap files with the renamed tusken_staff files, which usually works for me as I made a DH-17 Pistol before and a Tusken Rifle using this method, but for some reason it's not showing up. Any ideas?

It's not possible. You'd need to make a saber that's a sword instead.

MP doesn't use a weapons.dat file therefore it doesn't need an invisible model entry. The player model is of course still used in SP. The invisible model just isn't rendered, thus you only see the player.

Also, no weapon in SP is not the same as melee in MP.

It's not possible. You'd need to make a saber that's a sword instead.

Ok then lol. It should be easy enough to change the animations for the fast style, though I would have to make it less powerful than a saber. What's the default damageScale?

MP doesn't use a weapons.dat file therefore it doesn't need an invisible model entry. The player model is of course still used in SP. The invisible model just isn't rendered, thus you only see the player.

Also, no weapon in SP is not the same as melee in MP.

I am aware that MP doesn't use a weapons.dat file. I'm also aware that noweap is not the same as melee in MP. It's possible to change the model in SP, using the weapons.dat. I was mostly quoting the weapons.dat. Thanks for your help btw :)

// WP_MELEE

{

weapontype       WP_MELEE

weaponclass      weapon_melee

weaponmodel      models/weapons2/noweap/noweap.md3

weaponIcon      gfx/hud/w_icon_melee

ammotype         3

ammolowcount     5

energypershot   0

firetime        1000

range           1024

}