New faces for Spanki's Jedi Customization

Please, could someone help me?
I would like some faces of my favorite actors for Spanki's Jedi Customization. I only need a face texture. I'll add it to Spanki's Jedi Customization by myself.

Can someone do it for me, please?

These actors are:

Jeffery Dean Morgan

1280_jeffrey_dean_morgan_the_walking_dea

Peter Capaldi

petercapaldi1.jpg

Smoo and axanik like this

Just a head's up, they won't look very much like the actors with just a texture on the default Spanki head - I mean, you might be able to get together a passable JDM, but Peter Capaldi's facial structure is too distinct from the Spanki head.

why not ask Spanki himself?

Yes. You're right. I could probably do that.

Just a head's up, they won't look very much like the actors with just a texture on the default Spanki head - I mean, you might be able to get together a passable JDM, but Peter Capaldi's facial structure is too distinct from the Spanki head.

So it would be better to make the entire head model from scratch?

Well, that's a problem. I don't think anyone's going to do it for me? Just texture, maybe... but when it's a little more complicated, no one wants do that (except for some who have helped me with something before). And my modeling skills are far below zero. I wanted something special for our comics "Stories from Alternate reality." The characters with the faces of my favorite actors. Maybe I'll have to accept the fact that it will not be possible.

So it would be better to make the entire head model from scratch?

Exactly. The entire face needs to be made from scratch, or at least remodeled, to fit the facial structure of those you requested. Peter Capaldi's face is rather thin, the faces of Spanki's Jedi are not.

Let's say you would get a texture based on Capaldi's face and apply it on Spanki's model, it wouldn't look exactly like him.

I have a little example from another Jedi Academy forum (I think it was HapSlash's Void), which describes that "issue" perfectly. Some members were playing around with HapSlash's Obi-Wan and Anakin models.

One member even replaced the face texture of Anakin with the face texture of Obi-Wan, which resulted in what someone called a "drunk irishman".

Exactly. The entire face needs to be made from scratch, or at least remodeled, to fit the facial structure of those you requested. Peter Capaldi's face is rather thin, the faces of Spanki's Jedi are not.

Let's say you would get a texture based on Capaldi's face and apply it on Spanki's model, it wouldn't look exactly like him.

I have a little example from another Jedi Academy forum (I think it was HapSlash's Void), which describes that "issue" perfectly. Some members were playing around with HapSlash's Obi-Wan and Anakin models.

One member even replaced the face texture of Anakin with the face texture of Obi-Wan, which resulted in what someone called a "drunk irishman".

It's similar with ANY model. I actually tried doing that using one of Spanki's faces ON TOSHI'S LUKE. It took me awhile to get it right. And unfortunately, it is now lost to time but I will say this: It takes a specific amount of effort to do it. Not too bad, but if you want to put the hours into it, do it.

Is he still around...?

No idea, but you know how modders tend to leave their skype or e-mail in readme's for people to contact them on various issues? Most of them never bothered answering me, but I hear other people were more lucky.

No idea, but you know how modders tend to leave their skype or e-mail in readme's for people to contact them on various issues? Most of them never bothered answering me, but I hear other people were more lucky.

Probably luck of the draw. Cause there are multiple factors. Timezones, knowing someone, wanting to be private, etc.

the_raven likes this

Probably luck of the draw. Cause there are multiple factors. Timezones, knowing someone, wanting to be private, etc.

Well yeah, but 'Timezones' aren't really a factor - you're 6 hours later than me? Not a problem, answer when you're online. 'Knowing someone' isn't either, after all, if you're telling your e-mail to anyone who can freely download your mod, you shouldn't be afraid of getting random people writing to you. 'Wanting to be private' also sounds like some sort of hoowey, after all, why release a mod, and provide a means of contacting you, if you want to be private? Sure, people change, and if previously you were fine with people writing to you, and now you're not, that's one thing, but how many people are like that really?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Well yeah, but 'Timezones' aren't really a factor - you're 6 hours later than me? Not a problem, answer when you're online. 'Knowing someone' isn't either, after all, if you're telling your e-mail to anyone who can freely download your mod, you shouldn't be afraid of getting random people writing to you. 'Wanting to be private' also sounds like some sort of hoowey, after all, why release a mod, and provide a means of contacting you, if you want to be private? Sure, people change, and if previously you were fine with people writing to you, and now you're not, that's one thing, but how many people are like that really?

Which is why I put the etc.

the_raven likes this

Well, Capaldi is not the most important. Character with his face will die after three chapters. Jeffrey Dean Morgan... that's different. That character, Dorian, will have an important role at the end of the story.

If there is no one to do this, there are two other options:

1. Any other model that fits both the texture of his face and the texture of the robes from Spanki's customization.

2. Any model with face texture similar to Jeffrey Dean Morgan... suitable substitute for Dorian character (again, the robes from Spanki's customization has to fit).

Can anyone help me in any way?
I don't need it now, but after some time I will need it.

Well, Capaldi is not the most important. Character with his face will die after three chapters. Jeffrey Dean Morgan... that's different. That character, Dorian, will have an important role at the end of the story.

If there is no one to do this, there are two other options:

1. Any other model that fits both the texture of his face and the texture of the robes from Spanki's customization.

2. Any model with face texture similar to Jeffrey Dean Morgan... suitable substitute for Dorian character (again, the robes from Spanki's customization has to fit).

Can anyone help me in any way?

I don't need it now, but after some time I will need it.

Don't forget that he's also John Winchester too. (Supernatural reference)

James Terrano likes this

I tried to find some suitable replacement for him here on JKhub.
There are plenty of models on JKhub and it's a big mess. Star Wars characters, non-Star Wars characters... all mixed up. It's hard to look for something.
Never mind... The only model / skin closest to Dorian is the Jedi Instructor by MagSul. It does not look like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but it's enough for Dorian (not the best but enough). Is there anything better than this?