Can't get cantina1.wav to be successfully replaced with new music

The sound effect for the ambiene in the nar kreeta betting parlor (t2_rancor) is the cantina song from the original trilogy, as part of my mod I'm changing all of the music and updating the sound effects, but for some reason I cannot get this one to change. Every file I've tried to replace it with only comes in silence when the player character walks through the door which triggers the ambience to play. Why is this?

Its in assets0.pk3 --> sound --> ambience --> narshaddaa --> cantina_1

I didn't edit the assets I only replaced the file in another pk3 in the base folder but it still won't play it. Any ideas?

The sound effect for the ambiene in the nar kreeta betting parlor (t2_rancor) is the cantina song from the original trilogy, as part of my mod I'm changing all of the music and updating the sound effects, but for some reason I cannot get this one to change. Every file I've tried to replace it with only comes in silence when the player character walks through the door which triggers the ambience to play. Why is this?

Its in assets0.pk3 --> sound --> ambience --> narshaddaa --> cantina_1

I didn't edit the assets I only replaced the file in another pk3 in the base folder but it still won't play it. Any ideas?

It tried it and had the same problem, so i created a mod folder and it solved the problem.

So i guess you have to create a mod folder in Gamedata and put your .pk3 in there.

I've done all that but anytime I drop a pk3 in the base with the file: sound-->ambience-->narshadda-->cantina1 it just doesn't play when I enter the cantina on this level. Does the file have to be short like the original cantina song, my goal was to combine portions of jedi rocks (just the instrumental part) lapti nek (studio complete version) and the max rebo band hip hop (sail barge music) to one mix that plays throughout the cantina.