My Obi Wan reskin

Looking good so far. Neck looks too long because the suit has a high collar. You might need to move the head down to normal neck height.

Thanks i tried it and looks better now, a question , this is more than a reskin, is a new model, so have this site a tutorial of how convert an obj model in a functional

Jedi Academy playable character? i tried it and  the model trasform in  Kyle Katarn in game

Ok  i found some pages with tutorials ,sorry for ask you that,You must think it's a stupid question but  I'm still learning about modding  :winkthumb:

Sorry for the lat answer. I think there are no stupid questions...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask because you will never know the answer. A friend of mine also says (and I tend to believe him) there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

I haven't found a full tutorial covering all the aspects of porting an OBJ to a fully functional JA md3 file. A good friend gave me a lesson of how to port some specific parts. It involves assigning the mesh from the obj to the JA model, scaling the new mesh to the appropriate size, assigning vertex groups, weight the vertex group and weight the vertex. Assign skin modifiers and most of the time splitting up the mesh (a single mesh shouldn't have more than 1,000 verts). 

The process should be the same for all meshes so I tried porting a full model but this was the result...

Lppw2tP.png

For me the hardest part is the weight process. I can't get the correct weights. I would like to see a weight tutorial for dummies specifically designed for JA models.

:(

If you happen to find one, please let me know.

Sorry for the lat answer. I think there are no stupid questions...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask because you will never know the answer. A friend of mine also says (and I tend to believe him) there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

I haven't found a full tutorial covering all the aspects of porting an OBJ to a fully functional JA md3 file. A good friend gave me a lesson of how to port some specific parts. It involves assigning the mesh from the obj to the JA model, scaling the new mesh to the appropriate size, assigning vertex groups, weight the vertex group and weight the vertex. Assign skin modifiers and most of the time splitting up the mesh (a single mesh shouldn't have more than 1,000 verts). 

The process should be the same for all meshes so I tried porting a full model but this was the result...

Lppw2tP.png

For me the hardest part is the weight process. I can't get the correct weights. I would like to see a weight tutorial for dummies specifically designed for JA models.

:(

If you happen to find one, please let me know.

well nobody said that program a video game is easy, if i find a good and detailed tutorial i will tell you :winkthumb: ,as to my 2003 general Kenobi i will try to port it  but if i fail it I will look for another way to make it. I gived up in the development of a Battlefront 2 map , i dont give up on this.

I made this face skin just for fun using a photo and i'm impresed, what do you think ? is better than the last one? ,You have to take into account that is not finished, i had to work more in the sides of the head ,  the contrast between tre beard ant the face is too big, but if you don't like it I will continue with the last one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLTTM5bTluZmNoUlU/view?usp=sharing

@@Javitolo98

How about you make a new topic, but in the WIP section this time? I mean, the whole topic didn't start with an idea or a request,

but with a reskin of yours. And because you posted several pictures of your progress, it would be more appropiate for a WIP topic.

Maybe @@eezstreet can move this topic?

Yeah i,m new in this forum and i posted this topic in the first section i saw , i will try to ,move it in the WIP section