[Released] JKGalaxies 1.1.1

There seems to be a problem with the installation instructions in the Readme. It says that you must place the folder inside the Gamedata folder, but when you do that, it doesn't find the assets and crashes. I tried installing it the old fashion way, by placing the folder on the Star Wars Jedi Academy folder, and it worked like it usually does. 

Notice: This particular release has several bugs that have been patched in the past 2-3 days and we're still working on some so we'll probably update it before the scrimmage map with a fresh release.

EDIT:

If you're trying to test it out early and you want the latest builds, you'll probably need to compile it yourself off the github until we can do another release with the necessary patches.

Also when it comes to installing, you can also follow these instructions:

Alternatively you can install the assets and binaries inside a directory such as C:\JKG\ and then use a batch file/command line arguments to open jkgalaxies.x86.exe while pointing it to the Jedi Academy assets. This is the recommended setup for developers, as you can then call your exe's location with appropriate args directly from your IDE. You can do this by setting the fs_basepath arg to be equal to your Jedi Academy install location. You'll also want to set the fs_cdpath to be equal to JKG's directory. Optionally you can use fs_homepath to store screenshots and other user specific information, if not specified fs_homepath will be set to "...Documents\My Games\JKGalaxies" For example, use this batch script on steam installs for windows:

jkgalaxies.x86.exe +set fs_game "JKG" +set fs_cdpath "." +set fs_basepath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData" +set r_fullscreen 0

Edited  by Darth Futuza

JKG Developer

There seems to be a problem with the installation instructions in the Readme. It says that you must place the folder inside the Gamedata folder, but when you do that, it doesn't find the assets and crashes. I tried installing it the old fashion way, by placing the folder on the Star Wars Jedi Academy folder, and it worked like it usually does. 

You have to put the whole jkgalaxies folder in. As in, you should have a jkgalaxies folder in your Gamedata folder, that has the .bat file in it. And inside of your jkgalaxies folder you have a JKG folder that contains all of the mod PK3s. Your .bat files shouldn't be in your Gamedata folder, in other words.

This might sound confusing, but it's done for a reason: to make uninstallation easy and to prevent conflicts with other OpenJK installations.

You have to put the whole jkgalaxies folder in. As in, you should have a jkgalaxies folder in your Gamedata folder, that has the .bat file in it. And inside of your jkgalaxies folder you have a JKG folder that contains all of the mod PK3s. Your .bat files shouldn't be in your Gamedata folder, in other words.

This might sound confusing, but it's done for a reason: to make uninstallation easy and to prevent conflicts with other OpenJK installations.

I did! Didn't extract a single thing. The error that apperas states the following message:

"Couldn't load mpdefault.cfg

The crash log was written to (Crash log location)"

But if I leave the folder, untouched, in the Star Wars jedi Academy folder, it works without a problem.