Loading JK2 Models in Blender

So I recently started Frankensteining myself, and it's great and all, learning how to make my own models and everything. But there's one thing I'm curious about. How can I load JK2 models into blender because what if I need something from a model that is JK2 only? I tried it before, but it only loaded the JK2 skeleton, not the model.

For me it works fine as long as there is a base/models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla and base/models/players/someModel/model.glm.

If it's outside your base folder hierarchy, I believe you can make do with only the models/players/etc structure as long as you tell the plugin which folder the 'base' folder would be (relatively).

For me it works fine as long as there is a base/models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla and base/models/players/someModel/model.glm.

If it's outside your base folder hierarchy, I believe you can make do with only the models/players/etc structure as long as you tell the plugin which folder the 'base' folder would be (relatively).

Thanks, man. And how exactly do I tell the plugin which base folder to use?

It's a bit fussy, but easy enough. This is assuming you want to take part of a JK2 model and put it on a JKA model:

1. In your base/models/players folder you should have a _humanoid folder taken from the JKA Asset pk3s. Create a backup of this folder (_humanoid_backup or something).

2. Replace the _humanoid folder with the one from the Jedi Outcast Asset pk3s.

3. Open Blender and import the JKO .glm like normal. Because the Blender plugin is now ready a JO skeleton from the _humanoid folder it will import without any issues.

4. Save the project as a .blend file (not Export, just regular Save As).

5. Exit Blender and replace the _humanoid folder with the original JKA backup.

6. Open Blender again. Import the JKA .glm you want to add stuff to.

7. Go to File -> Append. Then navigate to your saved JKO .blend file.

8. With the Append feature you can then select individual surfaces to import into Blender.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

It's a bit fussy, but easy enough. This is assuming you want to take part of a JK2 model and put it on a JKA model:

1. In your base/models/players folder you should have a _humanoid folder taken from the JKA Asset pk3s. Create a backup of this folder (_humanoid_backup or something).

2. Replace the _humanoid folder with the one from the Jedi Outcast Asset pk3s.

3. Open Blender and import the JKO .glm like normal. Because the Blender plugin is now ready a JO skeleton from the _humanoid folder it will import without any issues.

4. Save the project as a .blend file (not Export, just regular Save As).

5. Exit Blender and replace the _humanoid folder with the original JKA backup.

6. Open Blender again. Import the JKA .glm you want to add stuff to.

7. Go to File -> Append. Then navigate to your saved JKO .blend file.

8. With the Append feature you can then select individual surfaces to import into Blender.

That is a bit fussy, but if it works, it works, right? Thanks, Kualan. I've been trying to import the old Leela (such as Leela Jedi and Leela Civilian) model for a bit, but never figured it out. And thanks to you @@Boothand, for helping as well.

It sounds like a long process, but in reality it takes 5 minutes to do. Maybe a little more the first time when you want to make sure you're following each step, but you'll soon have it as second nature.

Okay, now I'm having another problem. I'm trying to append the stuff to the model I want, but nothing is appearing after I click the mesh I want.

Edit: Never mind. I had to choose Objects, not meshes. :P