saber blade disappearing with Frankenstein model

Go to solution Solved by TheWhitePhoenix,

Hi

I am trying to use (in OpenJK/SP) the body from hs_anakin mod with the head(s) from "Classic Jedi Project (CJP) Journeyman Customization I 1.1" using Blender. At first everything seems to be working fine.

ws8zmw.jpg

But when I try to use the 2nd skin with alternate hands, the blade from the saber blade disappears. If I trow the saber, the blade shows fine. Once the hilt returns to my hands, the blade disappears again. I've tried different approaches but I always end up with the same results.

:wallbash:  :

Any ideas?

j60wau.jpg

• Solution

Hi

I am trying to use (in OpenJK/SP) the body from hs_anakin mod with the head(s) from "Classic Jedi Project (CJP) Journeyman Customization I 1.1" using Blender. At first everything seems to be working fine.

ws8zmw.jpg

But when I try to use the 2nd skin with alternate hands, the blade from the saber blade disappears. If I trow the saber, the blade shows fine. Once the hilt returns to my hands, the blade disappears again. I've tried different approaches but I always end up with the same results.

:wallbash:  :

Any ideas?

j60wau.jpg

Punisher....There's already a tutorial on how to fix this. Here. https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/137-fix-hapslashs-anakin-model-no-lightsaber-blade/ You're welcome. :) BTW, you gonna release that model to the public or is it a personal one? It looks good. :D

Punisher....There's already a tutorial on how to fix this. Here. https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/137-fix-hapslashs-anakin-model-no-lightsaber-blade/ You're welcome. :) BTW, you gonna release that model to the public or is it a personal one? It looks good. :D

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Thanks ! Seems I've been looking for the wrong words for the last 2 days. I will check it out ASAP.

So far is a personal skin (to expand my personal pack as I already did the same with Toshi's ROTJ Luke's body). I've found some other torso/legs skins that I am planning on add to have multiple options. I have no problem releasing it the public once it is fixed and done. Heck, I would love to release it others can enjoy it too, but I am still not sure about the rules when using other peoples material and I've collected so many parts from so many models, I can hardly track what parts belong to who to give proper credit.

Edit:

It worked! I feel like a total idiot (well, worse than I normally feel).

:

I can now work on adding the different torso/legs textures for different options.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Thanks ! Seems I've been looking for the wrong words for the last 2 days. I will check it out ASAP.

So far is a personal skin (to expand my personal pack as I already did the same with Toshi's ROTJ Luke's body). I've found some other torso/legs skins that I am planning on add to have multiple options. I have no problem releasing it the public once it is fixed and done. Heck, I would love to release it others can enjoy it too, but I am still not sure about the rules when using other peoples material and I've collected so many parts from so many models, I can hardly track what parts belong to who to give proper credit.

Edit:

It worked! I feel like a total idiot (well, worse than I normally feel).

:

I can now work on adding the different torso/legs textures for different options.

@@eezstreet? Would he be allowed to upload it if it fits the rules? I know that Hapslash and Toshi don't mind as long as they're given credit for their work. ^_^

And don't worry about feeling like an idiot. It's a common glitch that Hapslash's Anakin has had since the beginning, something that should be fixed with a V2 like how @@DT85 made a V2 of Toshi's Luke. But thankfully, there's a workaround and as a long time user of Hapslash's Anakin via using a personal skin, I have to say it's a GREAT relief.

If you DO upload it, and I hope you do, I'd love to use it. :D

The Punisher likes this

Thanks man! I really feel like an idiot not so much because of the issue, but because I failed on my search....

:

I am using a lot of textures from a single person, I already PM him asking permission to use them. If not, I will make a "light" version just with the default Anakin Textures (Maybe Obi Wan). I will was checking @@Omega1 to ask for permission for using the heads form his pack but seems he hasn't logged in since February.

Anyway, my concern is giving proper credit to the amazing people that shared their hard work for us to enjoy. Rest assured, I will never take credit for something i didn't created. I just like to have fun unleashing my imagination and is a pleasure if I can make something others enjoy whatever I create (no matter how little my contribution is), especially in a great place like The Hub.

As soon as I have permission and the feedback from @eezstreet, I will upload it and share the link.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Thanks man! I really feel like an idiot not so much because of the issue, but because I failed on my search....

:

I am using a lot of textures from a single person, I already PM him asking permission to use them. If not, I will make a "light" version just with the default Anakin Textures (Maybe Obi Wan). I will was checking @@Omega1 to ask for permission for using the heads form his pack but seems he hasn't logged in since February.

Anyway, my concern is giving proper credit to the amazing people that shared their hard work for us to enjoy. Rest assured, I will never take credit for something i didn't created. I just like to have fun unleashing my imagination and is a pleasure if I can make something others enjoy whatever I create (no matter how little my contribution is), especially in a great place like The Hub.

As soon as I have permission and the feedback from @eezstreet, I will upload it and share the link.

I can definitely understand your concern. As long as there's at least enough of a consistent A-Ok, then I can easily say, upload it.

BTW: What else did you combine with the model besides the head? Robes? The tunic? What's a full list of what you're featuring with this badass here? ^_^

The Punisher likes this

I can definitely understand your concern. As long as there's at least enough of a consistent A-Ok, then I can easily say, upload it.

BTW: What else did you combine with the model besides the head? Robes? The tunic? What's a full list of what you're featuring with this badass here? ^_^

Not much, basically that's it.

The heads from "Classic Jedi Project (CJP) Journeyman Customization I 1.1" 

The body from hs_anakin mod

The icons and textures from another mod (don't want to go into details until I get the OK from the author).

I was planning on adding either Obi Wan's or Anakin's stances (maybe both versions :)) from Movie Duels II once I finish it for my personal use (see https://jkhub.org/topic/8273-how-can-i-made-hapslah-anakin-animations-from-movie-duels-2-mod-compatible-with-toshis-anakin-model/).

As I mentioned it is to expand my ROTJ verison:

2dwhvt.jpg

23w9pfn.jpg

34r636f.jpg

wtx94m.jpg

:)

Here is how is going so far

r24z09.jpg

33lktuc.jpg

Not much, basically that's it.

The heads from "Classic Jedi Project (CJP) Journeyman Customization I 1.1" 

The body from hs_anakin mod

The icons and textures from another mod (don't want to go into details until I get the OK from the author).

I was planning on adding either Obi Wan's or Anakin's stances (maybe both versions :)) from Movie Duels II once I finish it for my personal use (see https://jkhub.org/topic/8273-how-can-i-made-hapslah-anakin-animations-from-movie-duels-2-mod-compatible-with-toshis-anakin-model/).

As I mentioned it is to expand my ROTJ verison:

2dwhvt.jpg

23w9pfn.jpg

34r636f.jpg

wtx94m.jpg

:)

Here is how is going so far

r24z09.jpg

33lktuc.jpg

Nice. :D