E-11 Standalone project (To be featured later in WeaponsHD)

well, but it is a JKA reposition :P it's as big as the vanilla, is what I'm saying but if you asked me, all vanilla guns are too big. I thought that for some time. I'll erase the scope soon then :P but I'll have to keep the size.

most weapons and lightsabers are modeled at the wrong scale. During Carcass compilation characters are typically scaled down to 64%. People need to consider the in-game scaling relative to the player or NPC.
Rooxon likes this

well I just submited the scope fix. Should I scale my gun down a bit too for the glm? It actually seems very wierd to me, because in-game it's pretty much the same as the vanilla...

What happens if you make the model the correct size?

What happens if you make the model the correct size?

horrible things, actually. It doesn't look right a lot of times throughout the SP campaign (in certain npcs hands, the stands on the walls where you find the blaster etc). The grip part is all I could scale down to be honest, the rest of the gun is just as close to the BF/Movie one as possible shape-wise... 1st person has a separate model but I'd need to scale it down accordingly then again, if I make it smaller, it'll look wierd cuz blasts will appear from the position of the vanilla in any case... a smaller gun will be further away and the blasts would appear out of thin air. Had these problems already with the scout pistol. And adding yet another update at this point is really not needed, the way it works and looks now is good enough I think. It can still be changed for latter projects like JKE tho, I'll make sure to keep the max files. For now, vanilla-size will have to do.

blaster shots should emit from the tag_flash, is this not so? So if you size the weapon correctly the tag should be moved accordingly. Correct?

According to what you say, of course yes :D though I did do that on the scout blaster, which is much shorter than the vanilla pistol. The tag placement seems to affect only the muzzle flash, but the bullet comes from a set position... thus it looks wierd, like the shots appear out of thin air (I'm talking about 1st person here)

EDIT: Archangel, don't worry, I've decided I'm yet still gonna update it one more time, this time, with 2 pk3s. 1 vanilla size and 1 realistic size and that's it, done. I'll try to take Circa's pic as reference and try to search for some more, especially from the movies.

Guest KENNITHH

Alright, this post might be pointless as I'm not familiar with JK's system but this might help.

In SOF2 someone made effects that shoots lasers like in JK, which also spawns the bullets out of nowhere (like behind the players view).

But our default weapons dont do that, because of the origin pointed in the .efx files. So perhaps this is the case here aswell? That the effects origin just has to be adjusted.

Try cg_drawgun 0 if it exists in JK and see if the bullet tracers come from the barrel or not. (but then again i think it might hide the effects aswell, an other option might be to make the weapon transparant with a shader to try it out)

The flash tag is part of the _hand MD3. In SOF2 the _hand GLM (note: extension) contains the hand model as well and there's multiple meshes which are surf'd on/off depending on the team.

In JK the hierarchy looks something like this:

_hand.md3

-> tag_flash

-> tag_weapon

--> LODs (_1.md3, etc)

_hand.md3 is what gets used. Modify that if you want to push the effects around; don't modify the EFX to do this otherwise EFX replacer mods won't work correctly.