Model information in-game

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's any way to find out what exact model in-game I'm using, more importantly the path to the model folder. This would be especially useful to me in MB2 where it's not really clear which model is using which folder.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's any way to find out what exact model in-game I'm using, more importantly the path to the model folder. This would be especially useful to me in MB2 where it's not really clear which model is using which folder.

Thanks in advance.

In singleplayer, you can type playermodel to see informations about the model used and the current skin. In multiplayer, you can type /model, and it will do the same. It's a bit harder in MB2, because from what I recall the /model command is disabled, to prevent being changed into another character. You could theoretically try /modellist, which lists all the models currently being used, and see if you can spot the one you're looking for.

In singleplayer, you can type playermodel to see informations about the model used and the current skin. In multiplayer, you can type /model, and it will do the same. It's a bit harder in MB2, because from what I recall the /model command is disabled, to prevent being changed into another character. You could theoretically try /modellist, which lists all the models currently being used, and see if you can spot the one you're looking for.

Thanks for this. I'll try /modellist next time I play!

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems that both of the commands are forbidden in MB2.

Is it bumping if it's the same day and it's already at the top?

Really though, I don't think this is possible. If it's for MB2, you may want to try requesting it as a feature to their dev team.

Sorry about that, didn't realize.

I guess it's just impossible in MB2 since they forbid such commands. A shame.

Thanks anyways, guys.

It's not really about finding a particular character right now. I wanted to look it up myself when I feel like I'd replace it in MB2, I just don't want to look it up in every single folder through ModView.

It's especially painful in MB2 where the models change and/or are moved with every patch.

What's your way of looking them up?

Thanks.