Frankensteins, ports, and my role in the community

Hello.

As I'm sure you've all seen I have begun porting in content from other games in an effort to expand the already enormous variety of characters we have for Jedi Academy. Now the reason I'm putting this up is the controversy surrounding the subject. I understand that there are many superb and talented artists working on models right now, and my intention is in no way to demeanor that. Everything I do here is for the embetterment of the JKA community. So I really want to make it clear that I fully respect the great lengths that artists go to for us, and we wouldn't be here today without them.

Regards,

Seven

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Hello.

As I'm sure you've all seen I have begun porting in content from other games in an effort to expand the already enormous variety of characters we have for Jedi Academy. Now the reason I'm putting this up is the controversy surrounding the subject. I understand that there are many superb and talented artists working on models right now, and my intention is in no way to demeanor that. Everything I do here is for the embetterment of the JKA community. So I really want to make it clear that I fully respect the great lengths that artists go to for us, and we wouldn't be here today without them.

Regards,

Seven

To me personally, you've done a great job. I'm not a modder or a frankensteiner like you, but from what I understand is this: As long as the models you are working on don't use 100% porting material, like taking the model with textures and all, and porting it altogether, but rather taking pieces of the ported content, such as the head only, putting it on say, Hapslash's Anakin, which is completely JKA, then you're alright. I've coined the term of not using 100% ported content "Kitbashing".

To me personally, you've done a great job. I'm not a modder or a frankensteiner like you, but from what I understand is this: As long as the models you are working on don't use 100% porting material, like taking the model with textures and all, and porting it altogether, but rather taking pieces of the ported content, such as the head only, putting it on say, Hapslash's Anakin, which is completely JKA, then you're alright. I've coined the term of not using 100% ported content "Kitbashing".

Well, I did the whole model for Maris brood.