Picking up placed mines and detpacks

I think this would be a good idea to have for SP so that you can pickup and "disarm" your placed trip mines and detpacks and reclaim them if they don't go off.

Alternatively it would be cool if you could disarm the world trip mines too and obtain the "weapon" and an ammo pickup from it.

I also like how you disarm devices and lock-pick doors in the Tom Clancy - Sam Fisher Splinter Cell games. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sure but it would likely just be a simple use "pick up your trip mine" at least for your tossed ones.

Maybe the DEMP2 can disable trip mines, allowing you to pick them up?

Here's how I think it could be handled...

1. When you place a mine (or DetPack). You create a 4-digit Aurebesh code (you could use the same code for all of your mines).

2. The game would know which mines you placed versus which ones were placed in map or by others.

3. If you choose to disarm one of your mines... a screen pops-up for you to enter your 4-digit Aurebesh code. If you are disarming a mine you did not place... you get the Splinter Cell digital cipher code breaker pop-up (shown in my video above), but instead of numbers you'd get 4 columns of Aurebesh characters... and like Splinter Cell you'd have like a 30 second countdown timer to successfully enter the code.

4. Failure to enter the correct code in either case, in the first attempt, results in immediate detonation and your death.

...would work the same for DetPacks.

the main thing about using the Splinter Cell cipher code breaker is that the player has to see the solver converge on the solution for the column number and enter it before it has solved the column. You can allow it to auto-solve a column... but if you let it auto-solve all 4 columns you run out of time. If I recall correctly... you have to see the number it is converging on and enter it for at least 3 columns to beat the clock.

The cipher code beeaker could be used for doors as well.

The jedi don't use ciphers to open doors. They use the force or saber locks.

I don't recall being able to use the force or a lightsaber to open locked doors... you had to find the key on the dead Imperial Officer.

"Slicing/hacking" was a big element of gameplay in KOTOR-- and was fun.

I didn't say specifically in JKA but it is canon in general.

I also don't see the purpose of having to disarm your own ammo. You should just be able to regular use it and pick it back up.  Same thing works in armed trip mines in CoD zombies even.

I didn't say specifically in JKA but it is canon in general.

I also don't see the purpose of having to disarm your own ammo. You should just be able to regular use it and pick it back up.  Same thing works in armed trip mines in CoD zombies even.

...as far as your own detpacks or mines...

your point is taken. My idea was to be more realistic and also cause you to be vulnerable during that time.

So I've spent pretty much all day working on this (lots of hiccups). But I hope to have it working by tomorrow, should be pretty simple. As a nice little side effect, I've implemented the ability to grip trip mines around with the g_gripItems cvar (which also lets you grip ammo and other items). It actually works pretty well.

EwH8Yin.jpg

They have the tendency to mindlessly fly off into space though. Leaving it in as a funny easter egg.

Cutting doors open w/ saber or force would work well if it inevitably resulted in a firing squad of stormtroopers/mercenaries/whateverenemiesarethereonethemap greeting you on the other side. Basically, you either be sneaky and open the door w/ a key, a switch or somehow else like you normally do in JK2 and JKA, or go brute force but have to fight off a bunch of enemies as a result.

Cutting doors open w/ saber or force would work well if it inevitably resulted in a firing squad of stormtroopers/mercenaries/whateverenemiesarethereonethemap greeting you on the other side. Basically, you either be sneaky and open the door w/ a key, a switch or somehow else like you normally do in JK2 and JKA, or go brute force but have to fight off a bunch of enemies as a result.

This would require editing the maps, and I don't have source for all of them.