Star Wars – All Characters

All Character of Star Wars

(Poster, WIP)

I don't think I ever thought of the name for this one, but it's probably one of the craziest things I've ever tried in Star Wars. For myself it's not new at all, it's actually a depiction of what I believe in Star Wars: whatever happened – happened, and there is always a bit of truth in Legends.

I've been thinking of making something to decorate a wall and what would also serve as an explanation for many people, who ask me things about Star Wars. Why I like it, what I like in it, and what Star Wars partly represent. So I began working on this poster, which can be described as all (most) characters from Star Wars to have ever appeared in the Galaxy. You might also call it as a reconciliation between the old and new Canon.

The poster isn't complete and I'd been making it for several months before Episode VII was released, so some things aren't mentioned here (the same applies to Rogue One). The whole picture also misses many other elements, like background, affiliations, general design, some connections and developments (note Luke Skywalker is shown 4 times), with many spots missing any characters at all. Many photos haven't been reworked yet to fit the format in one united form and style.

All major characters from the Saga are in the centre, and the most connected to them are either close to them, or stay in the same line/row. Most characters who appear BEFORE Battle of Yavin like Revan, Amidala, Lord Scourge, etc are to the left. Characters like Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn, Galen Marek, etc are to the right and near the center, as they are shown either after Battle of Yavin or concurrent with the Original Trilogy. Rebels and TFU are closer to Episode IV, so I added them to the right middle. The rule might or might not be observed at most times. :)

The picture is below, but you can use the link to see a much larger and mostly the actual size of the poster here:

Poster (Large)

Alternative link also availbale here

StarWars_characters_poster_zpszjzmocgw.p

Fuse294, Cerez, Jeff and 2 others like this

@Cerez
Yes, that Pantoran senator is one of the most interesting characters. We have many senators, but each is shown in a different way, even if each season shows their growth. I also thought if redrawing all the characters, but it would take time. I also thought, it was a mistake to make a file in InDesign (but I am solo used to working with its tools), as the file is very large. I used Photoshop too, and I want to add vector frames to each photo, which would include I-VII, as well EU, CW, other titles perhaps as short signatures.

I am also not sure about placing Clone Troopers in a different line than Old Republic Troopers and Ancient Sith Troopers. Perhaps they should be in the upper part.

@eezstreet

Just name the other source, I can re-upload it there.  ^_^ I've been using photo bucket for years, and usually placed smaller pictures, but this is the first time I've uploaded such a big one.

There is an alternative link to the poster now, you can find it here too.

The major characters follow more or less some sort of logic, while the background ones are here and there, sometimes from very different legends, like SW Droids and The Force Unleashed almost nearby. For me this is an important contrast, which is always present in Star Wars. Star Wars Holiday is also there, though it's banned by the fans for the most part. :)

@Zeros Darok

Well I actually like her story and the way she turned into a more talkative character. Despite what people say, a lot of things from the EU, including the KOTOR era fit into the general Star Wars chronology. Besides, the historical data might be saved in the archives of the Galaxy, but not in the best shape by the time of the Clone Wars, so some events are missing in later data, but historical figures such as Revan might be remembered centuries later.

Though I made a poster solely to show some friends and others the deepness and the variety of people, aliens and droids, heroes and villains in Star Wars franchise.

Cerez likes this