Somebody made backups of (nearly) everything on jk3files and posted them online!

My first post on JKhub, but I've been buzzing around for a few weeks. After going to the wayback machine's archived jk3files and finding that most of the files aren't downloadable anymore, I decided to look a little harder to see if I could find a working link. Well, I hit the jackpot.

Not sure if anybody else has posted this already, but this is the url:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files

A very resourceful individual managed to make backups of a pretty good percentage of jk3files' content and posted them online (I've gone ahead and tested most of the download links and I can say that, as far as I can tell, they're virus-free and they all work properly). It doesn't ask for any personal information whatsoever and doesn't require any special account to use.

He's divided the site between files for Outcast and files for Academy, with all files separated into categories and sub-categories to make things less impossible to find (since there isn't a search function you 'kinda have to search based on the categories). All files have at least some of their original descriptions and they all have their mod author's name listed so it's easy to credit them if you decide to re-post them here or work them into your own stuff!

Hope this helps someone out there!

-Onlycorndog :D

Hi.

I haven't exactly been advertising this out of fear for being asked to take it down by gamefront, but so far everything seems fine.

The categories are the same as on jk3files and while I did save the reviews/descriptions when I created this mirror, I chose not to include them since they're definitely jk3files' property, so I opted to just put the readmes up.

I'm glad it's useful.

the_raven likes this