Current mapping projects

The sides are solid, like the original game, its actually caulk with a TGA image as the star rail, however there is plenty of high hills etc where some air shoving can occure, and there might even be a chain chomp that goes against the traffic,

The Graveyard, might have an SP and MP optional selection, Survival, the map is designed for NPC spawning out of sight of the player, I wanted to make an SP map originally with trigger spawners, and the map would have shifted its maze like walls depending on how fast you were etc eg, if you were doing a good time, the map's internal timer might make the layout shift on the fly, to make the more difficult spawners forced to trigger on you.

Rainbow Road N64, first turn: (needs some texture calibrations still)

shot0001-12.jpg

I'd love to see that Rainbow Road map with a few more shaders. :)

It looks very "solid" at the moment.

With the castle, I'm seeing an awful lot of repeated textures, particularly in the background. The brushwork itself is really quite good! Just don't be afraid to stretch the odd texture or switch them up occasionally. ^_^

The castle has been an issue for me as well, texturing wise, its from a canceled portion of the vampire blood chronicles mod, and repetive textures Is an issue I was trying to avoid.

Rainbow road, has a light emitting shader, but I might change the actual rainbow to a TGA with alpha layer , and see if I make it transparent with a small glow

Current castle in the graveyard map: (actual player view)

shot0002-8.jpg

Azatha likes this

I think that is one of those locations that just needs a tweak or two in the lighting department. Where are the shadows that should be engulfing the castle turrets? :)

I don't think the repeating textures would be quite as overwhelming if you couldn't see it all at once and as clearly as you can in that screenshot.

i'll see what I can do, ive never learned how to do the sun as a light source shader yet, time to learn something new again, and I agree, if the moon was full like that, it would still be casting shadows like in real ife, it would add to the ambience too, so time to learn

u can add in some trim here and there like ive done in brown here. maybe wood trim, smaller bricks, darker bricks, anything to add some contrast and make the depth stand out

shot00094s.jpg

lightning flashes n sounds would b cool. also small details like stagnant ponds with bugs flying above them, bugs around lighting fixtures, vine decals up the castle, and if repetative textures are being a problem, open the textures up in photoshop and give em some grunge, u can mess with the offset and clone stamp tool to make it nice and seamless still, but have like 3 or 4 different brick textures only differentiated by the different amounts of grunge on them and alternate between those textures on the castle. also that huge clock might look better as a model u know? lil more detail to its sides and u could have an animated shader for the hands. maybe even spin em backwards castlevania style. yeah its a super cool idea and the maps gunna rock. u could really kill with good ambience tho like lightning, wolf howls, random bugs, gargoyle or angel statues, and grungy textures. just some ideas im not knocking it at all

im not currently modeling anything atm. im working on maris broods body but its gunna be a minute for her face... so...

if u want i can make u some quick map objects thatll add to it like maybe a few different piles of brick and moss, a gargoyle or two, piles of bones, maybe even a cool clock. i could texture em too, or just uv map em and u can texture em to match yer current colors. the bugs would just be animated shaders

edit: here i made this in like no time.. want it? u can texture it yerself so it matches if u want

gargp.jpg

heres 4 textures all the same but all with different vines and grunge so u can see what i mean by making it less repetative. and u can just swap between the four so none of the castle appears to be repetative. also, u can use the lighting to kinda blend it all in too

walldz.jpg

even just random bits of clutter like this

crapx.jpg

all these ar just rough draft bs but u should get the ideas im trying to relate.

heres an idea... how about if u set triggers in different parts of yer map to trigger different ambient sounds? like if this was a top view of yer map and the white boxes are triggers...

ideaso.jpg

anything u need like the gargoyles or maybe some random clutter models like piles of brick and bones just ask. also, maybe instead of just rotating the same tree three times maybe u can have new dead tree models, some different sizes... stumps maybe, etc. also, instead of texturing those stone walls with the mossy wall texture, maybe u can texture em just stone and dirt and put an alpha mapped plane of moss over it spaced a bit so it has some depth to the moss. i like this map idea i did a library wayy back in the day and it was pretty cool so im stoked to see the castle.

• 2 weeks later...