misc_security_panel not appearing in gtk

i'm using radiant 1.6.4 and when i try to place a misc_security_panel it's not appearing in the list. i tried to create a brush and then change the classname but breaks the map, and the other thing i tried is placing a misc_model with no model field and change the classname to misc_security_panel but i'm not sure it has to be done that way.

am i missing something?

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

re-checked and it was in single player mode, can't figure out what happens with that :/

probably gonna have to downgrade to 1.4 

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

I'll give it a look tonight @@eezstreet . but isn't this feature available in jka?

I thought it would be available cause it's used in both games :/

And more importantly apparently I can't even create the func manually cause it fucks up the whole map

Because you're doing it wrong. Create an info_notnull and change the classname of it in the Entity Inspector to whatever it's supposed to be. I think the misc_model approach may also work.

Like I said though, it's a pretty longshot guess - I know for a fact that it exists in the JK2 classes.

Not at work on my phone, no.

i checked the sp_entities and func_security_panel appears as well as there's nothing strange nor in mp_entities.def

It's not func_security_panel, it's misc_security_panel. If you have that in there, there's something definitely wrong with your file.

this is what i found:

/*QUAKED misc_security_panel (0 .5 .8) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8) x x x x x x x INACTIVE
model="models/map_objects/kejim/sec_panel.md3"
  A model that just sits there and opens when a player uses it and has right key

INACTIVE - Start off, has to be activated to be usable

"message"	name of the key player must have
"target"	thing to use when successfully opened
"target2"	thing to use when player uses the panel without the key
*/