Legal Questions

Guys.... Is it perfectly legal to edit a mod I get from JKhub for my personal use? When I say edit. Lets say it comes with multiple variations. I dont like one variation, so I take it out. Is that legal as long as I dont distribute it? Im new....

For personal use it's fine. If you were to distribute it you would need to contact the original creator, unless their download page states you can share/modify their work.

• 5 months later...

What if someone took a skin from KOTF then edited it and wants to upload here. Is that legal?

None of the skins in KOTF were made by the modder who put KOTF together - it is a mod made up from work stolen by other modders. You would need the permission of the original creator not that Tim guy. Which skin did you plan to edit?

None of the skins in KOTF were made by the modder who put KOTF together - it is a mod made up from work stolen by other modders. You would need the permission of the original creator not that Tim guy. Which skin did you plan to edit?

Why ANYONE would wanna use anything from KOTF is beyond me, asking around MB2 would be better as it has everything KOTF had and more, with actual permission!

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev