Map grid scale?

HI!

I'm a long-time Academy player and casual modder who's thinking about getting into mapping.

But one question that's bothered me for a while is… what is the conversion scale of GTKRadiant/in-game units to real-life measurements?

The best estimate I've been able to come up with is 42 units per meter, based on the length of a T-65 X-Wing.

It to me like something that would be useful to map and model creators, so does anyone already know an answer, or know how to get one?

And if a standard conversion doesn't exist, due to inconsistent scales in the game, I feel like one should be established for future reference.

P.S. A former frequent of JK3Files, this is my first post on this site. Hello everyone!

Langerd likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Well interesting question :3 I am making a school project in the gtkradiant (Orange salon - phone salon) and it would help a lot to know real dimensions

Welcome!

From my tests, I agree with mrwonko. I tried recreating a few rooms of my house, making it so that 1 unit = 1 cm, and then scaled them down of nearly 1/3rd (I think 0.375) to fit correctly to the player's size.