Jedi Knights

There are probably two moments in Episode IV, which make me feel that the characters are talking or are simply too far from the older events, so old and long ago, that they are almost like legends these days (A New Hope timeline). This scene in the remote hut on the edge of the Dune Sea is one such moment – it is somehow warm and cozy, I must say, as if you are sitting there and listening to old stories, which catch you breath, as you listen about the adventures of young Obi Wan with his Master, while fighting droids and unthinkable droidekas in the hallways of the Trade Federation, or the later Battle of Geonosis when Jedi of all sorts fight the most bizarre armies of the CIS and so on.

This very hut, as well as Tatooine itself, is a reminder, that the true adventure, the real story starts here - far from the capital. And the real hero emerges from a simple farm family. :)

Jeff, therfiles and Cerez like this

I don't know about you guys, but to me this is what Star Wars stood for from the beginning. The magic that captured me in Obi-Wan's tales of a distant world where knights with lightsabers fought to maintain peace and justice throughout the galaxy. Where a simple farmer boy's father turned out to be the stuff of legend, his actions echoing through the people he touched.

Where the Force was something like a mystical power from ages ago, that only a few of the wisest know the existance of.

This is what the prequels somewhat damaged for me, and what I sincerely hope the sequels will not damage further, but help to revive.

Nonetheless, with the prequel flashbacks added, this video serves as an excellent reminder of what the Jedi Knights were in their all, what they stood for -- which is something that the prequels in all their action and drama, and the collapse of the Jedi Order have somehow made us forget. At least that's how I feel about it...

Old Ben's tale created that magic and immersion for me, and made being a Jedi Knight something to aspire to and long for.

eezstreet and Rayce like this