Script that change player model - Uses NPC

Go to solution Solved by Asgarath83,

set Morin model with the previous Menu that load the level. into the intro script of the level use this:

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_HEAL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_JUMP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SPEED_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PUSH_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PULL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_GRIP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_LIGHTNING_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_THROW", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_DEFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_OFFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_RAGE_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PROTECT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_ABSORB_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_DRAIN_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SIGHT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_MINDTRICK_LEVEL", $4$ );
}

Set the values of force power with icarus to the morin force power levels. you can also give him some weapons with the SET_WEAPON command. ^_^

set Morin model with the previous Menu that load the level. into the intro script of the level use this:

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_HEAL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_JUMP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SPEED_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PUSH_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PULL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_GRIP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_LIGHTNING_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_THROW", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_DEFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_OFFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_RAGE_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PROTECT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_ABSORB_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_DRAIN_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SIGHT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "3" );
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_MINDTRICK_LEVEL", $4$ );
}

Set the values of force power with icarus to the morin force power levels. you can also give him some weapons with the SET_WEAPON command. ^_^

PLayer model! Not his powers or weapons but his look :S How to do this?

• Solution

PLayer model! Not his powers or weapons but his look :S How to do this?

there is two way:

1: you can take your pc and drown it in a pool of sulfureum acid, but there is the possibility of a little damage of hard disk... if this work for your mod you are very lucky! there is only  1 probability into all universe history this can work! XD

2: okay, i am serious. you need to start a game with morin as character, right?

well, you need to edit newgame_first.menu file.

at the end about the Next button for making a new game after you selected the difficult set this:

itemDef
        {
            name                nextbutton
            group                fade_buttons
            text                @MENUS_NEXT
            descText            @MENUS_NEXT_DESC
            type                ITEM_TYPE_BUTTON
            style                WINDOW_STYLE_EMPTY
            rect                455 444 130 24
            font                3
            textscale            1
            textalignx            65
            textaligny            -1
            textalign            ITEM_ALIGN_CENTER
            textstyle            3
            forecolor            1 .682 0 1
            visible                1
                  action
            {
                play            "WHATEVER SOUND YOU WANT example: sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/spiritreaver2.mp3"
                close            all

// PLAYERMODEL SETTINGS
                setcvar         g_char_model "Morin"
                setcvar         g_char_skin_head "head_a1"
                setcvar         g_char_skin_torso "torso_a1"
                setcvar         g_char_skin_legs "lower_a1"
                setcvar         g_char_color_red "255"
                setcvar         g_char_color_green "255"
                setcvar         g_char_color_blue "255"
                setcvar           sex "m"
                snd                 "Morin" //PUT HERE the path of morin sounds example: "sound/chars/Morin"
                sndcombat      "Morin"
                sndjedi            "Morin"
                sndextra         "Morin"
                uiScript         "updatecharcvars"
                setcvar            saber_menu      0
                setcvar            ui_saber_type   single
                exec                "map morin1" // PUT HERE THE NAME OF YOUR MAP

}

mouseEnter
            {
                show            next_glow
            }
            mouseExit
            {
                hide            next_glow
            }            
        }

PRETTY IMPORTANT: you need into the folder of your model (models/players/morin) you get these skin file:

Model_default.skin head_a1.skin, torso_a1.skin, lower_a1.skin , lower_e1.skin and torso_g1.skin

lower e1 and torsog1 set the dresses for Hoth level (in case you want morin go to a frost planet modding the hoth map XD )

head, torso and lower a1 set the texture path for head, torso and arms, hips and legs.

i hope you know how to make skin file of you character because engine read textures of chars by SKIN files of the models.

you can set also playermodel on icarus with SET_PLAYERMODEL morin, but this not change the g_char value of your model and not allocate into the save memory, you need to change model by menu. SET_PLAYERMODEL script on Icarus simply change your morin with an eventual Morin.npc file and set Morin exactlry with saber and force power you setted into a Npc file.

understood? is a fast way for set his force power and his saber.

PS: i suggest you also to look into coding section my thread about creating a new class. is not about a new coded class, but explain how customize weapon projectiles effect at second of class using . example: if weapon_blatser is used by CLASS_HAZARDTROOOPER... you can see how change his visual and sound effect! maybe can be useful for your magic mod because you can add more elemental spell projectile and visual effect without adding new weapons. simply, every class so can shoot customize effect of elemental attack. 

i have also done a tutorial about adding new weapons into SP game, but it again need approvation of the team. i think team now want correct my Engrish error and want verify if my teachings are corrects. :)

on my tutorial i will explain also how to set dmg of weapons by hitted classes, like DEMP2 is letal on droid, in case you wanna make in your mod elemental weakness or immunity to the morin spells on the opponents. 

:)

Langerd likes this

PRETTY IMPORTANT: you need into the folder of your model (models/players/morin) you get these skin file:

Model_default.skin head_a1.skin, torso_a1.skin, lower_a1.skin , lower_e1.skin and torso_g1.skin

lower e1 and torsog1 set the dresses for Hoth level (in case you want morin go to a frost planet modding the hoth map XD )

head, torso and lower a1 set the texture path for head, torso and arms, hips and legs.

i hope you know how to make skin file of you character because engine read textures of chars by SKIN files of the models.

Are you sure it couldn't work with just model_default.skin? Through console it works, /playermodel <modelname> model_default model_default model_default.

Are you sure it couldn't work with just model_default.skin? Through console it works, /playermodel <modelname> model_default model_default model_default.

Good question. i learning that studying menu structures of escape from yavin 4 mod that was full of 3D playermodel walking on the screen also with a huge description of the character and with the deception mod.

i tryed to make this for my mod with a same description character menu and i saw that without head_a1, torso_a1 lower_a1 the skins of the models was incomplete. i am really not much sure 100% about that, but i see that in many mod of the past, peoples setting the g_char_skin head, torso and lower parameter for they models. 

many of my knowledge is based of observation and intuiting, a lot other about direct experience, testing and try and error. so maybe i am wrong. langerd can simply use the model_default and see if this works.

mmmmmm... now i am think i think you are right. the head_a1, torso_a1 and lower_a1 skin should work on character creation  menu for setting the different skin of head, torso and legs on jedi character. for a character with monodressing should sufficient model_default.skin.

if langerd want his character is showed fine on menu with a 3D proiection of Morin, he need to make a copy of model_default skin called model_menu.skin.

Langerd likes this

So set_playermodel will use npc right?

Many thanks for help. Will check that when i will be home. ;)

basically it acts like the cheats "playermodel" of the consolle. ^_^

i warn you about using a playermodel of an enemy. this make player also of an "enemy" team and enemy will not attack you more... but allied yes. XD for avoid this you need to

option 1 : use playermodel only for character of team_player

option 2: put into the console the command: playerteam team_player

option 3: with icarus set the team with the scripts command relative to that. :)

I just target info_player_start to script runner and it worked ;) Many thanks guys!

@@Asgarath83 however everything works from npc . Saber force powers etc.. :)

Info_player_start need ever to be placed inside a trigger_once box that start the intro script directly on the player. :) with Usescript or target_scriptrunner

yes, basically playermodel command act setting to an entity the parameter of an NPC . :)

Glad to help you :)