Playermodel - vertex limit (The best count..)

What is the best limit of the verts in the player model?

I am asking because the error showed up - run out of tranform space.

The verts count of my model is 5776 but normal version is 3045 (modview)

The normal version works but the other version with higher verts count givin this error when i am holding the blaster.

Just look at existing models for guidance, they usually have a couple thousand vertices and triangles enabled at once (i.e. not counting different skins). Or use enough that the silhouette of curves is smooth enough for your liking.

Just keep in mind that there's a 1'000 vertex limit per-surface, so you may have to split more complex surfaces.

Asgarath83 and Langerd like this

Just look at existing models for guidance, they usually have a couple thousand vertices and triangles enabled at once (i.e. not counting different skins). Or use enough that the silhouette of curves is smooth enough for your liking.

Just keep in mind that there's a 1'000 vertex limit per-surface, so you may have to split more complex surfaces.

Ok i removed vertexes that was unnecessary from details and it works fine now :)

Thanks  a lot!

Asgarath83 likes this

Ow sry ... forgot about that...

Now this error doesnt show up ;)

Oh, sorry for late Langerd. but i see mrwonko answer to you :)

Yes, i know this trouble. happened when the model have a lot of thousand "ghost vertexes." i get this error on one of my models (a Vorador model) and i solve it locating the ghost vertexes and deleting it. are not much difficult to find. you should have some mesh with thousands of vertexes more of 1000. is the incriminating mesh, with a rapid rig you can locate the incriminate meshes.

with 3d max you can easily fix this problem if you select all the meshes, go into edit mode, vertexes, you select all vertexes of the model and push into the "remove duplicate vertexes" button. :) that's function of 3d max istantly clean up the model of any unuseful vertex overflow :

Langerd likes this