Iktotchi's horns problem.

Hi!

I have a small problem with exporting the model found here after some modifications. I reworked it, adding an element from the other model (RotJ Luke's clothing) and when I try to export the finished model, a message appears:

"Could not load surface head_horn (LOD 0) from Blender: Vertex without UV coordinates found"

I have no idea how to repair it. The model itself, on its own, works perfectly fine.

Thanks ahead for the help. :)

P.S

After removing the horns, each model exported correctly.

"Could not load surface head_horn (LOD 0) from Blender: Vertex without UV coordinates found"

I have no idea how to repair it.

Make sure you select all the vertices in the horns and re-apply the UV map to them ("UVW map" in 3DS Max). You have a few vertices you've most likely added after you've set the UV mapping on the model.

Or go into weight painting view and see if you can spot the odd vertices (without a colour) out.

Asgarath83 likes this

Did you tweak the vertices on the model (the dots when you are in edit mode)? Sometimes if you move them it can cause the error (I think), but it's mostly if you add/remove any of them then it doesn't like it. What specifically did you "tweak"? I encountered this error mostly when I move the verts wrong or try adding new ones.

Cerez likes this

Jeżeli zrobiłeś coś inwazyjnego jak np. usunąłeś vertexy z rogów, to może, lecz nie musi spowodować błędu. Nie wiem w sumie od czego dokładnie to zależy, myślę że to bug eksportera. Jeżeli zmiany przy rogach były nieznaczne - importuj model od nowa i przenieś oryginalne. Jeżeli np. chciałeś uciąć róg w połowie, zrób to nie usuwając vertexy, a przesuwając je i skalując.

Sorry for using polish language but it's easier for me to explain, if someone would like to know what I said in details PM me.

Maybe upload the .blend file for the experts to see the problem on their own?

But the problem rests in the original model. I added the link to that Iktotchi model in the first post.

Even if I load the "clean" glm from that link and try to export that without any changes, the same error replies.

The problem happens only in case of this model, my Blender works perfectly fine with any other thing. 

Jeżeli zrobiłeś coś inwazyjnego jak np. usunąłeś vertexy z rogów, to może, lecz nie musi spowodować błędu. Nie wiem w sumie od czego dokładnie to zależy, myślę że to bug eksportera. Jeżeli zmiany przy rogach były nieznaczne - importuj model od nowa i przenieś oryginalne. Jeżeli np. chciałeś uciąć róg w połowie, zrób to nie usuwając vertexy, a przesuwając je i skalując.

Sorry for using polish language but it's easier for me to explain, if someone would like to know what I said in details PM me.

Tyle, że zmiany przy rogach były... żadne. Jak wspomniałem, nawet gdy importowałem nie przerobiony, ORYGINALNY model z pierwszego posta, podczas eksportowania pojawiał się błąd.

Cóż, te modele mają tendencję do posiadania błędów, jako że są robione stosunkowo po łebkach i na szybko. Mógłbym zrobić coś takiego, upewniając się że błędów nie będzie, ale nie wiem kiedy ewentualnie znajdę na to czas. 

But the problem rests in the original model. ...

Even if I load the "clean" glm from that link and try to export that without any changes, the same error replies.

The problem happens only in case of this model, my Blender works perfectly fine with any other thing.

In that case during the import process this/these verts are accidentally altered by Blender (and its plugin).